Re: Season Tickets.

excessbee wrote: June 10th, 2022, 11:02 am A bit angry this morning, Stan? Don't worry, there's still plenty of time for you to purchase your season ticket before the start of the season.
Not sure it's anger. Sorrow at how many of our supporters accept second best. Still there's always the cricket. 0 for 0 as I write.

My season ticket for Sligo Rovers was a Christmas present. Bought before Christmas, opened Christmas morning. Season began end of February. All done in plenty of time. And it's probably that type of organisation which allows a town of 23,000 to get crowds of over 2,000. Per Capita Newport should be pulling in 14,000.
4 for 0 now. NZ batting. :grin:

As copied from the NCAFC website
July

This month will see our pre-season friendlies commence with our normal media coverage; there will be 2 open training sessions, one for Clwb Spytty members and the other for Silver Trust members and above (as per their package); season ticket deliveries by the players to supporters; further sponsor evening; first team squad photoshoot; website update; Away kit launch and finally the first game of the 22/23 season!

Perhaps this is part of JR's pre season fitness plan to have the lads jogging around Gwent to deliver the tickets.
Feel sorry for the guy who gets the short straw of running up to Abertillery.
Could well be one of the new guys keen to make an impression.

Fu Ming wrote: June 10th, 2022, 11:21 am As copied from the NCAFC website
July

This month will see our pre-season friendlies commence with our normal media coverage; there will be 2 open training sessions, one for Clwb Spytty members and the other for Silver Trust members and above (as per their package); season ticket deliveries by the players to supporters; further sponsor evening; first team squad photoshoot; website update; Away kit launch and finally the first game of the 22/23 season!

Perhaps this is part of JR's pre season fitness plan to have the lads jogging around Gwent to deliver the tickets.
Feel sorry for the guy who gets the short straw of running up to Abertillery.
Could well be one of the new guys keen to make an impression.

Which is why I won't be buying a season ticket. If a County player drowned in the Irish sea I'd never forgive myself. :grin:

excessbee wrote: June 10th, 2022, 11:02 am A bit angry this morning, Stan? Don't worry, there's still plenty of time for you to purchase your season ticket before the start of the season.
I know you’re having a joke here but I do feel we as a club are very tardy when it comes to season tickets & release of replica shirts - we seem to lag behind most other clubs year after year - I've mentioned that this year especially people will want financial certainty and assurance and the earlier season ticket prices (if not the sales window itself actually opening) the better – unless the club are planning on signing Gareth Bale on a free (and hoping to announce to get more people to buy ST’s or having to massively up prices to pay Mr Bale) then I genuinely can’t see what the blockage is.

Fact is people, and that includes me, like to know where they are financially in good time – I’m lucky as I can [pending final prices] afford an ST but many others may be counting the pennies and be getting antsy about whether they can afford it…I just feel Newport County are almost uniquely sluggish in finalising season ticket prices and sales that’s all…

Now, from a fellow season ticket holder, that's a far more reasoned response than the one I was responding to. Yes, I was being tongue in cheek, but of course there is nothing to prevent Stan from buying a Newport County season ticket, in plenty of time, to do his bit for our club.

excessbee wrote: June 10th, 2022, 12:40 pm Now, from a fellow season ticket holder, that's a far more reasoned response than the one I was responding to. Yes, I was being tongue in cheek, but of course there is nothing to prevent Stan from buying a Newport County season ticket, in plenty of time, to do his bit for our club.

Actually old chap there is nothing to prevent me from buying tickets for 91 of 92 League clubs. Even if I wanted to I can't buy one for Newport County.

And as an OAP in these straightened times I rather think that expecting me to fork out for games I won't see to people who are not capable of selling season tickets on time would seem a luxury.

Perhaps had I been able to get an early bird ticket in March. I know fuel and inflation are not as bad here as they are in Brexit Britain, (You boys must be feeling like atheists finding out the born again Christians were right all along) but nonetheless have a bit of common.

Anyway lunch in the cricket. I've had a lovely couple of hours so thank you. Watching the cricket, listening to Brahms' symphony number 1 and a few of Dvorak's Slavonic dances, and jousting with you fellows.

Lunch now I think. Then off fishing in Lough Erril for a couple of hours, and then watch the last hours play at Trent Bridge. Hoping you're all having as pleasant a day as me. :grin:

For the second season running there is no senior discount for terrace dwellers - neither for season tickets nor individual matches.

I did email the club a month or so ago regarding this issue from last season and received a polite response saying they would bear it in mind when pricing came to be discussed.

I will now email them again, asking for an explanation as to why there is no such discount for the coming season.