Re: Season Tickets.

We also had lots of problems with the previous ticketing system. Sometimes the system being unable to produce tickets, or failing to scan tickets, or being flexible when trying to purchase seats near a chosen location. Hanging on the phone for ages. There was a cost for this, not only in the frustration and loss of future sales, but also the walk aways in the queue.

Ticketmaster not only has a service charge but a processing fee as well. Bang it mentions various issues with the previous system although none of which were anything I ever experienced. Any issues with the scanning of tickets I would suggest was more to do with the Heath Robinson equipment used at the gates, rather than anything else.

Looking at typical TM charges you could possibly expect to pay an additional 7.5% to 10%. All this does beg the question what extra costs are to be loaded onto the price of the Season Tickets?
Also if anyone believes Ticketmaster is trouble free, then perhaps a rethink maybe required.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: May 20th, 2022, 5:35 am
lowandhard wrote: May 19th, 2022, 11:17 pm
Really pleased, this should solve exiles ticketing problems hopefully. Digital is the way to go.
Let’s not overlook the fact that Ticketmaster do not provide these services for free, and their cost will add to the price of tickets at a time when people are feeling a financial squeeze.
On this occasion I think the club are doing the right thing. I'm presently paying a builder to do up my house. I could do it myself but experience has taught me that I won't save money because DIY is just something I am not very good at. On the same basis, and not a criticism on my part, if the board have concluded that having f@cked up on ticket sales year in year out, that franchising out the whole operation is the best course, I suspect they are probably right.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 20th, 2022, 9:25 am
Really pleased, this should solve exiles ticketing problems hopefully. Digital is the way to go.
Let’s not overlook the fact that Ticketmaster do not provide these services for free, and their cost will add to the price of tickets at a time when people are feeling a financial squeeze.
On this occasion I think the club are doing the right thing. I'm presently paying a builder to do up my house. I could do it myself but experience has taught me that I won't save money because DIY is just something I am not very good at. On the same basis, and not a criticism on my part, if the board have concluded that having f@cked up on ticket sales year in year out, that franchising out the whole operation is the best course, I suspect they are probably right.
It's not being franchised out , the ticket provider has simply changed from one company to another. Personally, I think Ticketmaster will be an improved option particularly for those wanting digital solutions. But, as I understand it, there will still be a ticket office at Rodney Parade where physical tickets will be sold, bought and collected - the difference being the staff will now be using the Ticketmaster system rather than that of the previous provider.
And while posters are correct to say Ticketmaster does not provide its services for free, I doubt very much the previous provider (or any such company) did either.

George Street-Bridge wrote: May 20th, 2022, 10:13 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 20th, 2022, 9:25 am if the board have concluded that having f@cked up on ticket sales year in year out
Which, of course, might just be a pejoratively worded false premise invented to fit your agenda. How about "Concluded there are better/more efficient/more user-friendly/more cost-effective alternatives"?
In your world perhaps George. In my world when I am not very good at something and liable to f@ck up, I pay someone else to do it. Where you have a board of directors who lack the experience and knowledge to do something which needs to be done it makes perfect sense to bring in someone who can.

Quoting out of context is somewhat pathetic. Please don't.

Jonesy3 wrote: May 20th, 2022, 10:22 am
It's not being franchised out , the ticket provider has simply changed from one company to another. Personally, I think Ticketmaster will be an improved option particularly for those wanting digital solutions. But, as I understand it, there will still be a ticket office at Rodney Parade where physical tickets will be sold, bought and collected - the difference being the staff will now be using the Ticketmaster system rather than that of the previous provider.
And while posters are correct to say Ticketmaster does not provide its services for free, I doubt very much the previous provider (or any such company) did either.
I am not being critical of the club. However when a third party does a job for a business, as Ticketmastet are with County, that is the very definition of franchising out.
Ticketmaster are a business. They sell their expertise. In terms they say to ther businesses. We will take care of your ticket arrangments. We will charge you but the time and money you will save means you'll be better off using us than not.

Was it really that bad this season z?? and I’m not trying to be a clever fooker when I ask that !!

Granted I’m a ST holder so seldom purchase tickets, but have done throughout the season online, for my daughter, and the system worked perfectly every time, in terms of ordering, collections, downloading etc etc, and the young lady in the Ticket Office over RP has always been faultless.

Justanordinaryfan wrote: May 20th, 2022, 12:25 pm Was it really that bad this season z?? and I’m not trying to be a clever fooker when I ask that !!

Granted I’m a ST holder so seldom purchase tickets, but have done throughout the season online, for my daughter, and the system worked perfectly every time, in terms of ordering, collections, downloading etc etc, and the young lady in the Ticket Office over RP has always been faultless.
Perhaps club have just looked at cost/benefit of contracting out and concluded it’s a better option overall? - sad if anyone [may] have lost the job as result (hope they were redeployed?) but a lot of clubs use an agency for tickets

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 20th, 2022, 10:48 am
Jonesy3 wrote: May 20th, 2022, 10:22 am
I am not being critical of the club. However when a third party does a job for a business, as Ticketmastet are with County, that is the very definition of franchising out.
Ticketmaster are a business. They sell their expertise. In terms they say to ther businesses. We will take care of your ticket arrangments. We will charge you but the time and money you will save means you'll be better off using us than not.
Thanks for the lesson, but you're wrong. Ticketmaster are providing the systems & the platform through which the club sells tickets. That is the case now but with a different provider.
A third party designed my company's website but we manage it & sell our products through it. Agreeing for someone else to sell our products under our name with no direct involvement from us would be a franchise.
Having managed a franchise for 20 years before setting up my own company, I do have a little knowledge of this.

Justanordinaryfan wrote: May 20th, 2022, 12:25 pm Was it really that bad this season z?? and I’m not trying to be a clever fooker when I ask that !!

Like yourself I don't know but a point which may be correct is this. There is a faultless, highly efficient young lady in the ticket office. Working Saturday's and anti-social hours she is able for a weekly wage of £350's to deal with all the ticketing issues. (The following is whimsy but you'll get my point.) Being a highly efficient young lady she is offered a job at the top Law firm of Einstein & Co at a weekly wage far in excess of £350. Oh dear sigh the board of Newport County, how will we be able to to replace this paragon? Along come Ticketmaster. For a fee of £12,500 pa we'll take care of all your ticketing needs.

That's a lot say the board of Newport County.

It's £120 a week less than you're paying now, say Ticketmaster.

As per usual there are a lot of posters on here getting agitated and putting 2 + 2 together and coming up with 5.
This is not helped by the usual minimal sparse information posted by the club on the NCAFC website putting no bones or structure to the new ticketing system or prices.
Just the usual marketing hype about being more efficient.
I blame the club for not conveying more precise details of the new system and the ability to buy at the kiosk.
Another point outlined by Gavin in the summer schedule was that the season tickets are to be delivered by the players, really??? Will Micky etc be driving around and knocking on our doors handing over our new season tickets???

Fu Ming wrote: May 20th, 2022, 1:05 pm As per usual there are a lot of posters on here getting agitated and putting 2 + 2 together and coming up with 5.
This is not helped by the usual minimal sparse information posted by the club on the NCAFC website putting no bones or structure to the new ticketing system or prices.
Just the usual marketing hype about being more efficient.
I blame the club for not conveying more precise details of the new system and the ability to buy at the kiosk.
Another point outlined by Gavin in the summer schedule was that the season tickets are to be delivered by the players, really??? Will Micky etc be driving around and knocking on our doors handing over our new season tickets???
I take no responsibility for the poor bugger who has to ascend my drive and front steps, perhaps he can claim an exemption from preseason training 😂

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 20th, 2022, 12:51 pm

Like yourself I don't know but a point which may be correct is this. There is a faultless, highly efficient young lady in the ticket office. Working Saturday's and anti-social hours she is able for a weekly wage of £350's to deal with all the ticketing issues. (The following is whimsy but you'll get my point.) Being a highly efficient young lady she is offered a job at the top Law firm of Einstein & Co at a weekly wage far in excess of £350. Oh dear sigh the board of Newport County, how will we be able to to replace this paragon? Along come Ticketmaster. For a fee of £12,500 pa we'll take care of all your ticketing needs.

Still wrong, it is the system that is changing not the staff. The club had problems with the last company nolonger updating its software, this then impacted on RP staff, the new system is much more up to date and much more flexible, so the director informed me. And no six year old Stan, I won't tell you who, no matter how many times you call me a liar.

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 20th, 2022, 5:24 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 20th, 2022, 12:51 pm

Still wrong, it is the system that is changing not the staff. The club had problems with the last company nolonger updating its software, this then impacted on RP staff, the new system is much more up to date and much more flexible, so the director informed me. And no six year old Stan, I won't tell you who, no matter how many times you call me a liar.
Quite. A more up to date system by being more up to date and flexible frees staff up to be more productive elsewhere. What part of 'the following is whimsy but you'll get the point' were you having difficulty with?
🙄