Re: Season Tickets.

One of the problems with mental health is not asking for help, and pretending that it is everyone else who has a problem.

As you seem to like fantasy, a little tale....

Man on the m4 when his wife calls him, "Brendon be careful, there are reports on the radio of someone driving the wrong way down the m4".........."ONE there's FECKING HUNDREDS of them"

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 21st, 2022, 2:50 pm One of the problems with mental health is not asking for help, and pretending that it is everyone else who has a problem.

As you seem to like fantasy, a little tale....

Man on the m4 when his wife calls him, "Brendon be careful, there are reports on the radio of someone driving the wrong way down the m4".........."ONE there's FECKING HUNDREDS of them"
Who the f@ck is Brendon? And here in Ireland RTE don't carry traffic reports for incidents in the UK. Good effort but it's still too close to call.

Kind regards,

Brendan

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 21st, 2022, 3:16 pm Up to you of course, but some on here including myself, think that a qualified person reading your posts on here, may be able to assist you. The first step of course is the biggest.
Experience has taught me that those who choose to cite the unknown some do so because they are devoid of argument. I express my views and not being gutless I neither hide my identity or call on others, real or imaginary, to back me up.

If you were really concerned you would PM me. Well that's what I would do if I were concerned about someones health.

However as you have said you don't tell lies I should perhaps take you at your word. You attempted in your M4 story to poke fun at me. And you claim also that you genuinely believe me to be mentally ill.

Which means either you are lying and using mental illness as a pejorative term or you take amusement at poking fun at people you believe to be mentally ill.

Either way you are a total piece sh!t aren't you?

Kind regards,

Brendan

George Street-Bridge wrote: May 21st, 2022, 2:11 pm Stan - it's not a joke. What you don't seem to grasp is that this background doesn't make your activity here any less toxic.
Fair enough George.

Help me with this. If you don't believe that I am mentally ill and requiring help then to say imply that I am would, I'm sure you will agree, would make you a somewhat despicable human being. I don't think any reasonable person would have much difficulty in concluding that using mental illness as a pejorative term is the behaviour of a complete shit. So I will take you at your word.

Tell me, believing as you do that I am or may be in need of psychiatric help do you believe repeatedly throwing out the word toxic to describe me or using phrases like the fetid backlanes of Stanworld are appropriate?

I may have missed something here but are people suggesting certain posters have mental health issues due to the somewhat 'whacky' posts they make? - please can people NOT take mental health lightly or suggest someone is ‘mental’ [even by implication] without going all millennial on you here I and many others using this forum have suffered and do suffer mental health issues and its not to be taken lightly! And if we truly believe someone is suffering then lets just be kind whether we like/agree with them or not…maybe pm them instead of doing a public shaming?

*if I’ve misinterpreted things apologies – may just be misguided banter between posters?*

CathedralCounty wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 10:12 am I may have missed something here but are people suggesting certain posters have mental health issues due to the somewhat 'whacky' posts they make? - please can people NOT take mental health lightly or suggest someone is ‘mental’ [even by implication] without going all millennial on you here I and many others using this forum have suffered and do suffer mental health issues and its not to be taken lightly! And if we truly believe someone is suffering then lets just be kind whether we like/agree with them or not…maybe pm them instead of doing a public shaming?

*if I’ve misinterpreted things apologies – may just be misguided banter between posters?*
I don't for one moment believe that George Street Bridge or Bangitinthenet believe I am suffering mental health problems. What I do believe is that George Street Bridge and Bangitinthenet casually throw out such words as they don't think. However where they do damage is that by using such terms in a pejorative fashion they help create a stigma which surrounds mental health. And it's a really important issue. The number of young people who take their own lives is a blight on our society. Suicide is the biggest killer of young men in the UK.

Now that GSB and Bangitinthenet don't like me is fine.
When they insult me that's fine too. But when GSB says I need to get help as an insult or when Bangitinthenet says the first step is to admit I have a problem and get help then they cross a line. If the only potential damage they did was to think that they were having a laugh at my expense they would be merely foolish. But, and it is a huge but, but when they help foster an attitude that mental health issues are something to be ashamed of they risk making it harder for those whò really are suffering.

And that from the pair of them is contemptible.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 10:35 am
CathedralCounty wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 10:12 am I may have missed something here but are people suggesting certain posters have mental health issues due to the somewhat 'whacky' posts they make? - please can people NOT take mental health lightly or suggest someone is ‘mental’ [even by implication] without going all millennial on you here I and many others using this forum have suffered and do suffer mental health issues and its not to be taken lightly! And if we truly believe someone is suffering then lets just be kind whether we like/agree with them or not…maybe pm them instead of doing a public shaming?

I don't for one moment believe that George Street Bridge or Bangitinthenet believe I am suffering mental health problems. What I do believe is that George Street Bridge and Bangitinthenet casually throw out such words as they don't think. However where they do damage is that by using such terms in a pejorative fashion they help create a stigma which surrounds mental health. And it's a really important issue. The number of young people who take their own lives is a blight on our society. Suicide is the biggest killer of young men in the UK.

Now that GSB and Bangitinthenet don't like me is fine.
When they insult me that's fine too. But when GSB says I need to get help as an insult or when Bangitinthenet says the first step is to admit I have a problem and get help then they cross a line. If the only potential damage they did was to think that they were having a laugh at my expense they would be merely foolish. But, and it is a huge but, but when they help foster an attitude that mental health issues are something to be ashamed of they risk making it harder for those whò really are suffering.

And that from the pair of them is contemptible.
I don’t want or need to get into the battle between you and them or 'take sides' - you’re a big boy and can take care of yourself anyway - just a reminder to everyone posting here whoever they are that mental health is not a matter for taking the piazza out of (if that is what is being done)

Oh I don't want anybody to 'be on my side' And if GSB wants to call me toxic, or a creep, or a stalker, or any of the other lurid remarks made by a man who is so sensitive he believes gormless is abusive then I really don't give a shit.
Yes I have an interest because depression affected me as a young man. I got over it. Sadly in the UK today 18 people, the majority young men won't get over it. They will choose instead to take their own lives.
And I make no apologies for making it clear that no one should ever feel shame about mental illness any more than they should feel shame about appendicitis.
So George and Bangitinthenet. Insult me by all means. I can and will hit you back. But don't use mental illness as a slur ever again.

George Street-Bridge wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 10:48 am And it's not something to be hidden behind when poisoning discourse here.

Another pithy remark which means nothing.

So perhaps you would explain.

If you truly believe I need help from a mental health professional does it enhance your standing in society? To insult those who suffer mental illness by calling them toxic?

And if you don't really believe I am ill, do you think using mental illness as a slur is acceptable?

Because it has to be one of the two??

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 10:35 am
I don't for one moment believe that George Street Bridge or Bangitinthenet believe I am suffering mental health problems

.....they risk making it harder for those whò really are suffering.
So, the last line of your post might suggest that you are 'weaponising' (I think that's the current buzzword) mental health issues.