Re: Season Tickets.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 24th, 2022, 12:28 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: May 24th, 2022, 9:27 am Happy to let it go for you, but who is it that may just benefit long term.
If you trawl your posts you will find the overwhelming majority are about me. Many of them could be construed as offensive. One of my many flaws is as you may of alluded to is that when I get into an argument winning becomes more important than persuading. You can add to that when someone has a go at me a regrettable tendency to hit back in spades. And threads which should be interesting debates become playground squabbles.

I can't do anything about your flaws. And we all have flaws in our character. All I do is ask you to reflect on them. I don't think for one moment that you intend to be offensive. I am interested in your views on Newport County. And if you still wish to attack me personally, I can't control that. What I can control is how I respond. Rather than fire of a distructive missive, I shall take a few moments to consider whether it would be best to ignore and if I do respond whatever you have said, I shall try to be kind.
The majority of my posts are in response to yours, I agree, but I am really really not asking you to be kind to me. If I am honest with myself and you, I am asking you to be kind to yourself. Its not your opinions that I object to, it is the force with which they are expressed, that I am referring to.

You mention young men in Ireland, and I would add to that particular careers can cause issues. Farming, Cricketers, Footballers are some,
I spent years working with legal professionals, and a trait is simply needing to win, and ignoring common scense to do so. It's not a particularly healthy trait, and there are cognitive therapy techniques that can be learnt, which will diminish the need to win, and all the side stuff that comes with it. Basically judging the significance better, and reacting appropriately.

You are correct, I do have many faults, but not trying to correct them at source, is not one of them.

Anyway back to topic as requested 😉

I was told that the last extension of the Flowte contract, was done without the board knowing, or agreeing. As such they have been waiting to change provider for a while, but have had to wait for the contract to expire.

Hopefully season ticket renewal will go flawlessly, and later walk up choices/queues will be better as well.

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 24th, 2022, 2:14 pm

Anyway back to topic as requested 😉

I was told that the last extension of the Flowte contract, was done without the board knowing, or agreeing. As such they have been waiting to change provider for a while, but have had to wait for the contract to expire.

Hopefully season ticket renewal will go flawlessly, and later walk up choices/queues will be better as well.
Anyway sticking to football administration matters alone. As you know I think that the board of directors have made the correct decision in changing the company who have been responsible for ticketing. I suppose one might if one were being hyper-critical of the board take issue that they did not know or agree to the extenison of whomsoever Flowte are. That said these are strategic decisions not policy decisions and it may well be , in my view should be that this is a decision taken by a paid senior official at the club. So again I make absolutely no criticism of the board.

Unlike yourself I don't have a member of the board of directors giving me inside information. However there is one thing in your post which puzzles me.

I can see that a contract for ticketing with Flowte exists up until the end of the season 2021/22. I can see that even though the board might be unhappy with the performance of Flowte but nonetheless have to honour the existing contract.

However the explanation you were given as to this being a reason for delay seems at first glance somewhat unlikely. You see in the position you were told the board of Newport County were in, the obvious course of action would have been as follows. The contract with Flowte ends in June 2022. As soon as the board had decided that this contract was not to be renewed the standard practise would be to inform Flowte that this was the case. Then Ticketmaster could have been engaged for season 2022/23 and asked to start work straight away to on putting into place a system for ticket sales.

There was never, on the face of it any need to wait. There may be an explanation of course. I confess I can't see what it could be but I am not an expert on such things. Would it be possible for you to ask the director with whom you are acquainted as to why it would not have been possible to carry out this normal business practise?

Unfortunately I don't have contact regularly, the last time being when I attended hospitality for the Exeter City game. The next will probably be if I bump into him at an away game next season.

I do know that the paid official at the club, no longer works for Newport County.

I would guess that you have to sign on to a deal for exclusivity, (as when selling a house) to get the most favourable terms.

Mainly though, any business shouldn't want to risk assistance and cooperation being withdrawn, when the ticketing system is still in use (and not seen as performing well). But that is just my best guess, that it was for practical rather than any legal obligations.

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 24th, 2022, 3:28 pm

Mainly though, any business shouldn't want to risk assistance and cooperation being withdrawn, when the ticketing system is still in use (and not seen as performing well). But that is just my best guess, that it was for practical rather than any legal obligations.
I don't think that is necessarily a good reason but I can see how a reasonable person acting with extreme caution might come to that conclusion.

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 20th, 2022, 7:32 am We also had lots of problems with the previous ticketing system. Sometimes the system being unable to produce tickets, or failing to scan tickets, or being flexible when trying to purchase seats near a chosen location. Hanging on the phone for ages. There was a cost for this, not only in the frustration and loss of future sales, but also the walk aways in the queue.
No connection with the club but by God this boy knows about ticketing. Genius he is, absolute genius.

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 20th, 2022, 5:24 pm

Still wrong, it is the system that is changing not the staff. The club had problems with the last company nolonger updating its software, this then impacted on RP staff, the new system is much more up to date and much more flexible, so the director informed me. And no six year old Stan, I won't tell you who, no matter how many times you call me a liar.
Knows his stuff mind.

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 24th, 2022, 3:28 pm Unfortunately I don't have contact regularly, the last time being when I attended hospitality for the Exeter City game. The next will probably be if I bump into him at an away game next season.

I do know that the paid official at the club, no longer works for Newport County.

I would guess that you have to sign on to a deal for exclusivity, (as when selling a house) to get the most favourable terms.

Brilliant you are boy. I mean the story of moving to Ticketmaster broke on the 19th May. The Exeter game was April 2nd. You're not just a genius you're a f@cking psychic.

You are so busted boyo.

Assume assume assume.

The Exeter game I joined hospitality before the game, and spoke with a trust director, who gave me information that Flowte contract was not to be renewed, as they had problems with it. It had been extended without board approval once before, and the person that approved the extension was no longer employed by the club.
Subsequently the club have announced another provider. The existing contract needed to complete for practical reasons.

Again, you are simply trying to create a diversion, based entirely on assumptions.

What is absolutely clear beyond any reasonable doubt, is that you will not answer any questions about the reasoning behind your great plan.

Why is that Stanley?

Bangitintrnet wrote: June 8th, 2022, 5:03 pm Assume assume assume.

The Exeter game I joined hospitality before the game, and spoke with a trust director, who gave me information that Flowte contract was not to be renewed, as they had problems with it. It had been extended without board approval once before, and the person that approved the extension was no longer employed by the club.
Subsequently the club have announced another provider. The existing contract needed to complete for practical reasons.

Again, you are simply trying to create a diversion, based entirely on assumptions.

What is absolutely clear beyond any reasonable doubt, is that you will not answer any questions about the reasoning behind your great plan.

Why is that Stanley?
I think it was Mark Crook, in fact I know it was he, who said at one of your meetings some years back, that you would all be better advised to stop concentrating on me and who the mole was and concentrate instead on running Newport County. He is right.

You've been busted. Now suck it up.

Busted, leader of the usual suspects. All terms for criminal activity Stanley Boy.
So thank you for continuing to assume without any evidence. You simply don't know me, because I am nothing to do with the board, the trust or the club.

My working life was frustrated by solicitors, who like you, thought they new it all, but in reality didn't have the common scense most kids have at birth.

Unfortunately you have the same affliction, it's why I am a nemesis to you, because I am willing to challenge all your assumptions.

I get that you're not used to challenge, working in the false world that you did. However your late mother was far more astute, than you give her credit for. (I didn't know her obviously).

For the umpteenth time, I don't and never have been involved with the club, you are simply wrong in your assumption.

Do you think the people who read this board are complete eejits. According to you, you know all that detail of Newport County's ticketing arrangements because of a chance meeting you had with a Newport County director. And this chance meeting took place nearly seven weeks before it was announced that Ticketmaster were taking over the ticketing arrangements.

Now I am fairly certain that that the majority of directors and staff at Newport County find your attempts to stifle debate as pathetic as I do.
Please do us all a favour and stop tarring all the good people at Newport County with the same brush.

Believe whatever you like. The point of hospitality is it gives you access to people like Colin Addison who you wouldn't talk to normally. Anyway I specifically asked said director if Newport County had discussions with South Wales police as you were adamant that they do. He confirmed my thought, that they in fact have no reason to liaise with South Wales Police just Gwent Police and sometimes transport police. Just because something happens in a criminal investigation doesn't mean it simply transfers to football, where the clubs pay for resource.

Anyway he also talked about the ticketing system because there had been problems at a previous night game, and someone else had just asked the question why.

Those are the facts, but of course I don't get any from you, but then accuse me(or rather the club) of debate stifling.
As many others have said to you, for christ sake buy a mirror and look in it.

Your busted boyo. Everybody can read. Everybody can ask themselves is it possible to have a conversation with so much detail and to regurgitate that detail months later?

And unless the readers of this board are complete poop-sticks, which I don't believe they are, they now know what I've known for years.

Please stop dragging our club through the slime.

Bangitintrnet wrote: June 8th, 2022, 6:48 pm Believe whatever you like. The point of hospitality is it gives you access to people like Colin Addison who you wouldn't talk to normally. Anyway I specifically asked said director if Newport County had discussions with South Wales police as you were adamant that they do. He confirmed my thought, that they in fact have no reason to liaise with South Wales Police just Gwent Police and sometimes transport police. Just because something happens in a criminal investigation doesn't mean it simply transfers to football, where the clubs pay for resource.

Anyway he also talked about the ticketing system because there had been problems at a previous night game, and someone else had just asked the question why.

Those are the facts, but of course I don't get any from you, but then accuse me(or rather the club) of debate stifling.
As many others have said to you, for christ sake buy a mirror and look in it.

:lol: ... busted

This is getting beyond a joke. Talking to the readers of the board, and your imagination running wild.

You call someone like Gavin, gormless, in the knowledge that you will never meet him. You don't justify your actions ever. You refuse to justify your letter, and because someone doesn't give up trying to get answers from you, they must be a part of the club. It is you that wrote the letter, it is me trying to ascertain why you come to the conclusions, that persuade you that having a piece of signed paper is the thing that will ensure our status. You don't answer, why? If you think I must be from the club, simply because I want the status quo.

I have told you why I want the status quo, you have yet to tell me why you don't, apart from vauge assumptions.

The club has not gone bust for 33 years, yet you predict its downfall every other month. 33 years, half the lifetime of the previous club, and yet you believe that failure is imminent unless the club follow your plan. Strange that it hasn't happened already isn't it?
I have no more knowledge of the costs than you do, however, I can see when it can be mutually benificial for two businesses to share the same premises without any issues.

Last week I had a very nice meal at Llangattock. The pub one business, and the Jamaican/Welsh menu provided by a separate business. The food being the draw for non locals, and the beer for locals. It worked very well, had to pay separately for drinks and meals, but all the better for it. And the risks of a chef trying to rent a restaurant with all the fixed costs, or the pub to find a good chef with fixed costs, both mitigated.

Anyway Stanley Boy, answer the questions.