Re: Season Tickets.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: June 13th, 2022, 12:59 pm
Chepstow'sFine wrote: June 13th, 2022, 12:54 pm Just deciding whether I want to stand again with all the yute in the Compeed or sit down in the Bisley like a cultured man of 40 that I am.
Sit in the back of the Compeed for the best of both worlds - you get the atmosphere (and better protection from the elements) but a seat under your bum!
OK Doc you've got it. Good thinking.

George Street-Bridge wrote: June 13th, 2022, 1:45 pm Seriously, does the ball disappear from view if you're at the back? Many years since I sat that side for the rugby.
It does, but it's only a couple of times a game that it goes that high, especially since Rowberry took charge! As well as the atmosphere, it's better than the Bisley because you don't get wet in the rain and you don't get dazzled in the sun. The only real downside is that the bogs are a bit of a state...

George Street-Bridge wrote: June 13th, 2022, 12:31 pm I'm talking about very specific prices in a timespan during which I'm guessing Wattsville may have held a season ticket. Not how much the price of a colour TV has risen in half a century.
It hasn't. That is the point I'm making George. Inflation can't be seen as universal. I remember buying a colour TV in 1990 which cost £400. Last year I bought a far superior TV for €300. In terms the cost of a colour television has more than halfed in the last 30 years. Although inflation over that period has averaged about +4%.

Therefore although on a strict basis one could argue that fourth tier football should cost £2.96p that would not be fair. A truer comparison adjusting like for like ie cinema tickets, would put the price at about £10.

Bangitintrnet wrote: June 13th, 2022, 2:38 pm Stan you were 11 in 1967, so are you talking about the cost of an adult admission for a single game?
I was nine in 1967 when I saw my first game.. For my first game my admission was two shillings. My father's admission was four shillings an sixpence. The programme including the Football League Review cost the princely sum o nine pence. Seven shilling and three pence for a father to take his son to a game and buy a programme. 36 pence in today's money. For a single game. The following week I saw my second game a League cup tie v Blackpool. A crowd of over 13,000 saw us go down to an unlucky 1-0 defeat.

George Street-Bridge wrote: June 13th, 2022, 1:45 pm
Kairdiff Exile wrote: June 13th, 2022, 12:59 pm Sit in the back of the Compeed for the best of both worlds - you get the atmosphere (and better protection from the elements) but a seat under your bum!
Seriously, does the ball disappear from view if you're at the back? Many years since I sat that side for the rugby.
Many thanks, and in answer to UTP no letters have been received.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: June 13th, 2022, 3:04 pm
Kairdiff Exile wrote: June 13th, 2022, 12:59 pm Sit in the back of the Compeed for the best of both worlds - you get the atmosphere (and better protection from the elements) but a seat under your bum!
Seriously, does the ball disappear from view if you're at the back? Many years since I sat that side for the rugby.
No e mail yet for me either.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: June 13th, 2022, 3:04 pm
No email they send you your personal reference number