Re: C'mon Dagenham!

excessbee wrote: May 16th, 2022, 11:01 am May take another season in the National League for it to wear a bit thin. It's all going to be unbearable if they get promoted.
It sort of already is! at least if they get into the league proper they will justify the coverage they get a bit more - if we as County fans are miffed I wonder if Cardiff & Swansea fans are getting cheesed off as well? as the coverage of Wrexham has, at times, outweighed coverage even for the 'big two'...for me good luck to the town of Wrexham and the fans of Wrexham [most of them anyway] but the media love in grates to the a point of nausea and there would be a high dose of schadenfreude if they did not achieve promotion this season [again]...they will still arguably be a bigger club than us even at their level!

Re: C'mon Dagenham!

Thanks Paul I just hope those with charge of our club read this article. Stockport County paying £12,500 a week to a private landlord and to all intents and purposes going bust. Now a 250 year lease with the local council.
There are three relationships a club can have with it's stadium. They can own it outright. They can rent from the local council. They can rent from a private landlord. Owning outright is good. Renting from the local council can be as good if the local council see a football club for what it can be, an asset to the local community. Renting from a private landlord and you are a cash cow.