Re: An open letter to the chair of Newport County.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 19th, 2022, 12:09 pm So whose words are these?
For many of us, the installation of two demountable stands last season tipped the scales between Spytty Park being an athletics stadium hosting a football club and a football stadium which happens to have an athletics track...... which again give Spytty some of the best end on views Blue Square Premier....... Supporters were delighted.
It was in a Q&A with the then general manager I did as programme editor early in 2011-12 and there's nothing there I disagree with now. Here's the whole thing and it's quite informative. (I remember Stan whining on here that it was my fault when he got wet one time.) It shows the level of thought, planning and hard work the club was putting in even before we were promoted.

[PT] For many of us, the installation of our two demountable stands last season tipped the scales between Spytty Park being an athletics stadium hosting a football club and a football stadium which happens to have an athletics track. General Manager Phil Morgan (left) took time out during a very busy pre-season to answer some questions about the stands, which again give Spytty some of the best end-on views in Blue Square Premier.

[Q] Supporters were delighted that Spytty Park could be transformed last season so quickly and impressively. Had this been in the pipeline for some time, or did the club just move fast when the right opportunity came along?

[A] We had felt for a while that we wanted Spytty to feel more like a football ground than an athletics stadium and previous experience of temporary stands, for the Blackpool and Swansea FA Cup games, had given us some idea of how much better the ground felt with supporters behind the goals. The catalyst was the requirement to raise the capacity for acceptance into the promotion playoffs if we were successful last season. We negotiated with the Council and the Harriers and Howard Greenhaf found a company (Harsco) that needed to sell off some stock quickly to make room for new seating, and we acted quickly to get a good deal for the club.

[Q] How many does each stand hold and what do they bring our total capacity to?
[A] The home end holds 1,197 and the away end 945, bringing the stadium capacity up to 5,058.

[Q] Is it true that the stands were originally used for the Ryder Cup?
[A] The stands were not used for the Ryder Cup and I'm not sure which events our particular seats have seen action at. Identical seating from the same company has been installed at Molyneux and we saw it installed before we decided to proceed with the purchase. We will look to hire out the seats over the summer period to recoup some of our expenditure and cost.

[Q] How long do they take to erect and dismantle? How many people involved and man-hours? Safety checks are very rigorous for demountable structures like this.
[A] We get a professional team in to erect them and cut the costs by supporting them with staff from Aspen Construction, Howard's company. It takes three or four days to erect the stands from start to finish and we then get them inspected and receive a safety certificate allowing us to use them from the date of the inspection. There is a significant cost in erecting and removing the stands each season.

[Q] Can they be roofed at some stage?
[A] We are looking at ways of roofing the stands and believe this can be done in the future. One of the conditions of entering the Football League is that within 12 months we would need provide a minimum of 200 covered, segregated seats for visiting fans so this has always been on our minds from the time we decided to purchase them.

[Q] Last season the visitors had the road end, but this has been reversed. What’s the thinking behind that?
[A] We have decided to reverse the away end this year, giving away fans the smaller of the two stands. The advantages of this are that fans have easier access to Baramber and this in turn cuts down the number of people walking in front of the main stand and restricting the view of supporters in the front few rows. The cricket end gives us good segregation for visiting fans. The one downside is that the club shop is more difficult to access for fans on the Shed, but there was always going to be a downside and we would encourage fans to still make the extra effort to visit both the shop and the Corner Post which provide essential income for the club.

[Q] The stands are being sponsored; is it feasible to spell out a sponsor’s name in the seats?
[A] The stands have both been sponsored and this season the home stand will be referred to as the Haasco/Kymin Stand and the away end (above) as the Sytner Newport Stand. We are very grateful to both sponsors for their support. There will be a name and advertising at the back of each stand, but unfortunately spelling out sponsors' names on the seats would be much too expensive.

[Q] Can either stand be erected at either end, or do they only fit one way round?
[A] Because we have to work around the athletics training requirements the stands will only fit the way they are installed at present - we have used every inch available to us. The height of the home end is to compensate for the fact that we had to make it more narrow than at the other end. Having sat at the back row of the home end when it was constructed I can honestly say that on a dry day it's probably as good a view as you can get at any football ground. Try it, it really is fantastic!

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 19th, 2022, 7:14 pm There is no problem, you are a fantasist who dreams that writing open letters on a fans forum is going to solve all your problems.
I remember weeks and weeks of posts about the Stanifesto, full of things that you were going to do if elected. However when it came to election time and you realised that you might have to actually deliver on this fantasy, suddenly living away stopped you putting your name forward. Pathetic fantasist always worried how Newport County are going to go bust, and the solution is to copy what made us go bust.
Oh dear.

Again all we get from you are insults.

It's simple negotiation technique. If you negotiate any deal and the other side know that you have no option other than to take whatever terms they offer then frankly they are in a position to screw you over. And no matter how much you shout and rant that is not going to alter.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 19th, 2022, 7:27 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: May 19th, 2022, 7:14 pm There is no problem, you are a fantasist who dreams that writing open letters on a fans forum is going to solve all your problems.
I remember weeks and weeks of posts about the Stanifesto, full of things that you were going to do if elected. However when it came to election time and you realised that you might have to actually deliver on this fantasy, suddenly living away stopped you putting your name forward. Pathetic fantasist always worried how Newport County are going to go bust, and the solution is to copy what made us go bust.
Oh dear.

Again all we get from you are insults.

It's simple negotiation technique. If you negotiate any deal and the other side know that you have no option other than to take whatever terms they offer then frankly they are in a position to screw you over. And no matter how much you shout and rant that is not going to alter.
Mr Foxall this is the umpteenth time that you have called me insisting that this time County are in real danger. Why should we consider your application this time, when you have cried wolf, with no plan, so many times before.

No.

What I have said is that because we are in a poor negotiating position we will always under achieve because too much of the capital we raise is going out of the club to a private landlord. Further to this because of decisions made recently by the WRU we have a singular and probably very time limited option of approaching the Dragons who are also under threat and seeing if we can make common cause. I have also said that in any event there is no harm in asking. And that is pretty much it.

It seems Banginternet wishes to conflate this to my saying 'this time County are in real danger'. I have said nothing of the sort

That though is perhaps the difference between us. I often don't know what will happen, I often don't know what is the right course of action, which is why I ask questions. It seems Banginternet knows everything. Perhaps he will help me with this. Having read his little efforts on this thread alone I wonder is he a liar and a scoundrel? Or is he too stupid to read what is being said? Or does he get some strange but essentially harmless thrill out of being ritualistically being humiliated. Or is there some other less obvious explanation?

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 19th, 2022, 8:36 pm You say I insult you, but if you didn't spend your life fantasizing about how many ways County can fail, I wouldn't be able to insult you.
If you didn't call Gavin Foxall gormless or Les Scadding thick because they ignore your fantasy, I wouldn't be able to insult you.
I would have to post the fantasy crap that you think masquerade's as an insult above.
I'm coming around to it being a rather bizarre sexual peccadillo. Still if it floats your boat and humiliation is your thing good luck to you.

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 20th, 2022, 7:37 am Pointing out that you are just an egotistical fantasist, no wonder people liken you with Boris.
Anyway had a reply to your letter?
Wow, I have clearly touched a nerve.

Now my dear chap, whilst I am no prude I do think you are being very selfish. I am led to understand that there are lots of websites which cater for your peculiar little fetish. Would you please go on one of those and let us who want to talk about football and Newport County enjoy our somewhat less profane hobby in peace?

Bangitintrnet wrote: May 20th, 2022, 10:36 am It's never long before the six year old Stan escapes is it.
Agree. Six year olds are inquisitive. They live in a world of possibilities. They are optimistic about the future. They are not confined by stale thinking.

Do not grow old no matter how long you live. Stand like children curious before the Great Mystery into which we are born.

Albert Einstein

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 18th, 2022, 4:37 pm We should not be cynical. One would expect the representatives of the people Newport would act not in a self-serving way but in the interests of the people of Newport.
Unfortunately with this current lot in Westminster I'm more of the opinion that politicians at any level are corruptible. And those that serve on planning committees are possibly more corruptible than others. I frankly don't trust them.