Re: An open letter to the chair of Newport County.

Bangitintrnet wrote: June 9th, 2022, 8:34 pm Except it isn't what you said in your letter, or your recent decision to lobby, without asking the Dragon's or NCAFC whether they agree.
No I didn't say that, read the letter. I said they should make joint representations to the council. If you read the letter I say

'You may be rebuffed by the Dragons. If the Dragon go along with you you may be rebuffed by the NCC.'

You see mate, unlike yourself, most people on this board actually read that which I write. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: June 9th, 2022, 10:20 am
George Street-Bridge wrote: June 9th, 2022, 10:09 am Which of course is not the same thing as "meetings which went nowhere". The meeting was useful and informative, but the project never got off the ground. To be very precise, I don't know how much further it got, if it did.
Dear readers,
Make up your own minds. If someone writes 'The meeting was informative but the project didn't get of the ground' would you think a) That is materially the same as the meeting went nowhere, or b) it does not mean substantially the same thing as the meeting went nowhere?
Honestly, Stan, before you worry about this sort of thing, look out for the difference between "meeting" and "meetings". The one meeting I attended served its purpose well, i.e. it went somewhere.

It genuinely baffles me that you functioned as a lawyer when you think so sloppily.

George Street-Bridge wrote: June 10th, 2022, 6:03 am
Honestly, Stan, before you worry about this sort of thing, look out for the difference between "meeting" and "meetings". The one meeting I attended served its purpose well, i.e. it went somewhere.

It genuinely baffles me that you functioned as a lawyer when you think so sloppily.
It genuinely baffles me that you still want argue even when we are in agreement.

As I said here in Ireland didn't get off the ground and went nowhere mean the same thing. I'm somewhat perplexed as to what you think the difference is.

Perhaps though you can tidy up something that has worried me for years. Again on something we agree. You wrote, 'Unless someone at the club is lying through their teeth his (Justin Edinburgh's) new contract is done and dusted.

Now unless 'done and dusted' means something entirely different in the UK we are in agreement that someone at the club lied through their teeth. This worries me. As a fan of Newport County that someone at our club is lying through his or her teeth is bad for our image. This unmitigated rogue and scoundrel must be exposed and exposed now. If you are really a supporter of our club you must put personal loyalty to one side.

Name the swine George. Your club, your integrity, your trust and your fellow supporters depend on you.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on June 10th, 2022, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: June 9th, 2022, 10:24 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: June 9th, 2022, 10:09 pm Precisely, so in a nutshell a lot more than make a phone call
A phone call.

You may telephone people a say nothing, most of us don't. Your little perversions are becoming really creepy.
With an argument as sound as that, I really can't see how you can fail to get the finance, that you require, from the Dragon's Den investors. :roll:

Bangitintrnet wrote: June 10th, 2022, 7:27 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: June 9th, 2022, 10:09 pm Precisely, so in a nutshell a lot more than make a phone call
A phone call.

You may telephone people a say nothing, most of us don't. Your little perversions are becoming really creepy.
With an argument as sound as that, I really can't see how you can fail to get the finance, that you require, from the Dragon's Den investors. :roll:
Left Newport 40 years ago you say. Known for lying through your teeth. Hiding your identity. You are not by any chance George's evil twin? :cyclopsani: :cyclopsani:

I was hoping to lure you into bringing this up. My post predated the big forum housekeep and one of us hasn't kept a copy of it. I'm worried that you would worry about it for so many years, it's not rational.

I'm happy to repeat - to the person who made the most categoric statement that our late manager RIP was staying at the closest point closest to his departure - that the new contract was done and dusted by any definition. But were there complications around those for other members of his backroom team?

George Street-Bridge wrote: June 10th, 2022, 7:34 am I was hoping to lure you into bringing this up. My post predated the big forum housekeep and one of us hasn't kept a copy of it. I'm worried that you would worry about it for so many years, it's not rational.

I'm happy to repeat - to the person who made the most categoric statement that our late manager RIP was staying at the closest point closest to his departure - that the new contract was done and dusted by any definition. But were there complications around those for other members of his backroom team?

Oxford English Dictionary.

Done and dusted.

Informal. (Of a project.) Completely finished.

When something is completely finished it is George,completely finished.

So are you the liar? Or are you covering for a liar? Either way you let your club down badly.

George Street-Bridge wrote: June 10th, 2022, 8:12 am Completely bonkers.

Edit: The phrase dates to needing to dry off ink on signed contracts. And as I said, you made the most categoric statement here on the subject, Which weirdly you have forgotten, while you have kept mine.
George,

When Newport County sacked Graham Westkey I wrote on here that in my view it was a mistake. My reasoning was that we were relegated and nothing could be done. Much better to save the money and regroup in the summer.

When Mark O'Brien scored against Notts County I wrote on this board, that the directors of Newport County had made the right decision and that I had been wrong.

There are two reasons. I did that. Firstly because it was the right thing to do. Credit where credit is due.

The second reason is that if you are so lacking in character that you can't say that you are wrong you end up claiming that your definition of Done and dusted is right and the Oxford English Dictionary and the 67,000,000 with whom you share the island with are wrong. You end up saying that 'went nowhere' has a totally different meaning to 'didn't get off the ground'.

And you are reduced to calling someone completely bonkers if they have the temerity to point this out.

As I said George, I will not respond to your insults in kind. So have a nice day.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: June 10th, 2022, 7:32 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: June 10th, 2022, 7:27 am
A phone call.

Left Newport 40 years ago you say. Known for lying through your teeth. Hiding your identity. You are not by any chance George's evil twin? :cyclopsani: :cyclopsani:
Why is it that you know, beyond all reasonable doubts, that someone you don't know, is lying through his teeth?

Is it simply because you cannot cope with not knowing who I am? Who is the person that has chosen to challenge you, and what you say? Why would anyone do that? when you just go on and on and on, and most just give up as it isn't debate, just pointless assumptions.

You are wrong Stan, so the more you say it, the more you dig a hole for yourself.

And so I am a liar, most would require at least a bit of evidence for that, and even then might think it, but keep their own counsel.

Still if you think it helps your club in any way, carry on.