Re: Signings?

I wouldn't expect Bradley Cooper to return. That would be an admission that his career has stalled. Well, I suppose it has because of his injury, but Swansea would surely want a new environment for him to try his hand. Bristol Rovers perhaps?

llanwern exile wrote: May 19th, 2022, 2:08 pm I think Rowberry should be having a look at the lad Lemonheigh-Evans at torquay! he is well good enough to play in this league and could be a top signing for us.
I've seen him a couple of times playing for Wales U21's a year or so ago. Best player on the pitch on both occasions.

I've been quite impressed by the descriptions of the 7 Academy scholars announced last week. I know they've possibly been bigged up by the County media team and Damien Broad (Academy boss) but...

I think there should be some movement on players in very soon. At this point in time County are possibly waiting to see retained and released lists from other clubs. I wouldn't mind seeing Sid Nelson back or Brandon Cooper even on a six month loan, but both have recent poor injury records and can County afford taking a punt on players that might break down easily?

wattsville_boy wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 3:28 pm I've been quite impressed by the descriptions of the 7 Academy scholars announced last week. I know they've possibly been bigged up by the County media team and Damien Broad (Academy boss) but...

I think there should be some movement on players in very soon. At this point in time County are possibly waiting to see retained and released lists from other clubs. I wouldn't mind seeing Sid Nelson back or Brandon Cooper even on a six month loan, but both have recent poor injury records and can County afford taking a punt on players that might break down easily?
These lads are 16 year old first year scholars,we have 19 year olds that JR is still reluctant to call first team players so,these boys have a way to go before they get any chance with the first team.

wattsville_boy wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 3:16 pm
llanwern exile wrote: May 19th, 2022, 2:08 pm I think Rowberry should be having a look at the lad Lemonheigh-Evans at torquay! he is well good enough to play in this league and could be a top signing for us.
I've seen him a couple of times playing for Wales U21's a year or so ago. Best player on the pitch on both occasions.
Currently watching the Notts county game think that tells you where Lemonheigh is going this summer

Percy plunkett wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 4:13 pm
wattsville_boy wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 3:28 pm I've been quite impressed by the descriptions of the 7 Academy scholars announced last week. I know they've possibly been bigged up by the County media team and Damien Broad (Academy boss) but...

These lads are 16 year old first year scholars,we have 19 year olds that JR is still reluctant to call first team players so,these boys have a way to go before they get any chance with the first team.
I wasn't suggesting that the Academy scholars should be part of the first team squad, just that perhaps the Academy is producing better scholars, which could bear fruit in a couple of years time.

Halloffame wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 8:25 pm
wattsville_boy wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 3:16 pm
Currently watching the Notts county game think that tells you where Lemonheigh is going this summer
Fox (no 4) for Grimsby has been superb ….. just the sort of MF awe never seem to have ?

lowandhard wrote: June 15th, 2022, 10:10 pm
Ugo. wrote: June 14th, 2022, 11:45 pm Lemonheigh-Evans has signed for Stockport County
Damn! Sort of player I was hoping we’d get especially since playing in the south for Torquay.
Only last Friday I was speaking with a sport reporter from Torquay who told me that he believed Lemonheigh-Evans was indeed going to sign for Newport. Perhaps we’ve been gazumped by a team with deeper pockets, or the reporter was just simply wrong.

Given all the statements from Rowberry about the advanced planning on signings carried out by him and Kelly, I had expected us to have had news on a few more since the window opened on the 10th June. Indeed, what’s even happening with Dom?