Re: Signings?

Chepstow'sFine wrote: June 24th, 2022, 10:24 am
Percy plunkett wrote: June 24th, 2022, 12:00 am
Beechwood Boy wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 7:39 pm Would like to see another midfielder. Someone who disrupts the opposition and can tackle.
Ny Livermore would have been perfect but,apparently he didn’t train hard enough.
Is that what it was? Still can't believe we released him. I thought he was brilliant every time I watched him play. I don't understand how he can go from breaking into the first team & Wales call-up to being bombed out the club.
Had trial at QPR then Hereford says a lot really

UPTHEPORT wrote: June 24th, 2022, 10:38 am
Beechwood Boy wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 7:39 pm Would like to see another midfielder. Someone who disrupts the opposition and can tackle.
Ny Livermore would have been perfect but,apparently he didn’t train hard enough.
Is that what it was? Still can't believe we released him. I thought he was brilliant every time I watched him play. I don't understand how he can go from breaking into the first team & Wales call-up to being bombed out the club.
Yep very true. Plus it speaks volumes that Flynny hasn't picked him up either.

I don’t believe the training story. Jeffries and Livermore were two very promising youngsters worthy of nurturing. Another club has recognised it in the case of Jeffries, jury still out on Livermore - but don’t forget that according to the papers of the time “ there is a question mark over Hoddle “. The only question for me would be who to pick around him.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: June 24th, 2022, 10:42 am
UPTHEPORT wrote: June 24th, 2022, 10:38 am
Yep very true. Plus it speaks volumes that Flynny hasn't picked him up either.
Well,having seen Ny play more times than anyone on this mb,I can tell you that it is our loss.Where he ends up,who knows but,he should be part of our squad for sure.

DorsetExile wrote: June 24th, 2022, 5:19 pm I agree totally. He was a joy to watch. A deep lying midfielder who could slow down the play and deliver a defence-splitting pass. It really upset me when he was let go.
Me too,what was his last appearance for the academy,he played in a back three,I hadn’t seen him play there before.It was like he had played there forever,he even won headers against a six foot guy.I am not in the know but what I do know is that it must have been some off field issue that led to him leaving.He should have played more EFL games last season and be part of our squad now.

Diminutive midfield dynamos seem to find it hardest to break through. When we signed Cooper and then Cain on the last day of August, he must have been frustrated with our management. I doubt we will ever find out, but I guess something happened for him to be sidelined, as quickly as he rose through the ranks.

neilcork68 wrote: June 26th, 2022, 9:29 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: June 26th, 2022, 6:49 pm That would seem unlikely as JR seems to go for younger fit and angry players.Sol seems the right age for Flynny.

Could be a player coach role...JR knows him from Cardiff and he's doing his coaching badges in Newport ???
Does that mean our much vaunted player recruitment has gone tits up?

llanwern exile wrote: June 29th, 2022, 1:04 pm Latest twatter talk is that Omar Bogle is on his way to us, god i hope not! then again the last forward we had from Hartlepool did'nt do to bad did he.
Another ex Cardiff player. Don't know much about him since Grimsby when he was prolific. According to the latest rumour articles he doesn't score many but links up with others to score?