Re: Signings?

excessbee wrote: June 20th, 2022, 9:18 pm The one cloud hanging over my opinions of Rowberry's judgement is his continued selection of Street in the final months of last season. If ever there was a player out of his depth in League Two, he was the one.
More worrying for me is that we had 2 even further our of their depth last season and as they are still with the club I won't name them but he was starting from a pretty low point when recruiting this Summer. Although one of them may yet improve on previous performances.

Amberexile wrote: June 20th, 2022, 9:56 pm
excessbee wrote: June 20th, 2022, 9:18 pm The one cloud hanging over my opinions of Rowberry's judgement is his continued selection of Street in the final months of last season. If ever there was a player out of his depth in League Two, he was the one.
More worrying for me is that we had 2 even further our of their depth last season and as they are still with the club I won't name them but he was starting from a pretty low point when recruiting this Summer. Although one of them may yet improve on previous performances.
Are you talking about Dennis ? Who is the other one?.

Percy plunkett wrote: June 20th, 2022, 9:33 pm
healey73 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 9:13 pm Offrande zanzala having a medical tomorrow
Just saw his stats,not excited by them.Both Crewe and Barrow cancelled his contract by mutual consent.Telford he ain’t.

Telford wasn't Telford until this last season ... in fact, if this player does sign for us, he will do so having scored more league goals than Telford had before we signed him.

gunter wont come cheap and he s not going to be a game changer .yes he's had a fantastic career for clubs and especially Wales. I would rather Jr look for 2 strikers .if the rumours are true what we were offering Telford to stay then use this money on proven strikers who can make the difference.

I guess that some of these loan contracts insist that the player being sent to us on loan plays in a % of games when he’s fit, so perhaps JR was committed to that? This is why we need to ensure that the player and deal are both right for us before we agree.