Re: Signings?

llanwern exile wrote: May 19th, 2022, 2:08 pm I think Rowberry should be having a look at the lad Lemonheigh-Evans at torquay! he is well good enough to play in this league and could be a top signing for us.
He's done well for Torquay over the last few years, previously at Bristol City and I think there were rumours of him coming to us on loan from City at one time.

Edit: just found this. Been linked to Walsall. Rumour Flynn was an admirer of his whilst here

https://walsall.vitalfootball.co.uk/rum ... rs-linked/

I live in the South West so see a lot of Lemonhaigh-Evans on TV highlights plus went to watch a Torquay match last month.

For NL standards, he’s absolute class as is their creative midfielder Armani Little. Both capable of playing at Lge1 and both out of contract. Little would do the Sheehan role plus hits free-kicks and corners as well as Dolan, while Lemonhaigh-Evans is a goal scoring number ten.

Both worthy of a trial at the least, but I suspect they’ll go to somewhere like Peterborough where their non-league scouting is top notch.

Was chatting with a Solihull Moors fan yesterday and he was saying that their player Dallas has scored 20 but should have had 40 goals. Seems from that that he probably wastes a few chances but the guy I was talking to did say that Dallas was a good player.

Coxy wrote: May 21st, 2022, 7:44 pm Was chatting with a Solihull Moors fan yesterday and he was saying that their player Dallas has scored 20 but should have had 40 goals. Seems from that that he probably wastes a few chances but the guy I was talking to did say that Dallas was a good player.
Should be good for JR then

I mentioned Dallas earlier in the season, he did well at Weymouth the season before and knocked them in for Solihull this season.

If we don’t have any good forwards in the academy, I’d sooner we gambled on another prolific non-league striker than bring one in from a PL side on loan. Midfielders and defenders on loan - yes, as they’re generally less of a gamble and play in a pack of three or four so learn quickly, but strikers are a different breed and they need to know where the goal is from the first game.

aberexile wrote: May 21st, 2022, 7:57 pm
Coxy wrote: May 21st, 2022, 7:44 pm Was chatting with a Solihull Moors fan yesterday and he was saying that their player Dallas has scored 20 but should have had 40 goals. Seems from that that he probably wastes a few chances but the guy I was talking to did say that Dallas was a good player.
Should be good for JR then
Very good :grin:

llanwern exile wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 2:13 pm I see Sid Nelson has been released by northampton! loved his no nonsense brave as a lion attitude when he played for us in the great escape season.
So did I,he should have had more game time ahead of Jones but,we need CB’s who can play out with the ball to suit the collective.

Percy plunkett wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 3:18 pm
llanwern exile wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 2:13 pm I see Sid Nelson has been released by northampton! loved his no nonsense brave as a lion attitude when he played for us in the great escape season.
So did I,he should have had more game time ahead of Jones but,we need CB’s who can play out with the ball to suit the collective.
I wonder if Brandon Cooper might be available again. They were obviously happy for him to go to swindon this year and it didn’t work out due to injury. Wouldn’t mind seeing him back again!