Re: Well done Port Vale

KingOfGwent wrote: May 19th, 2022, 10:43 pm We've got a short trip next year, at last! Better batten down the hatches for when they decide to smash everything again.

(Did I mention I was teaching McKirdy on his penalty technique for the past month or so?)
Was more handbags at dawn - worst they have done [in town anyway] was throw a few bog rolls outside the Windsor Castle...the pitch invader the season just gone was an idiot though I'd agree and sadly influenced 2 young county fans to run on in a subsequent game but at least we get 800-1200 Swindon fans which is about 4 times what most clubs will bring!

pembsexile wrote: May 20th, 2022, 9:11 am BBC are reporting that Swindon players were allegedly physically abused by Vale fans. What has happened in the last few days for all these incidents?
I'm not sure what the answer is. If you have a big evening game then people will be able to drink more throughout the day but it comes down to personal choice and responsibility. If PV can't keep away-players safe then they have to pay a heavy price in terms of fines etc. It's up to them if they feel the need to put up continental style fencing to cage people in or draught in extra hordes of police and stewards.

The press and authorities love to turn this into a class issue.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: May 20th, 2022, 9:17 am
pembsexile wrote: May 20th, 2022, 9:11 am BBC are reporting that Swindon players were allegedly physically abused by Vale fans. What has happened in the last few days for all these incidents?
I'm not sure what the answer is. If you have a big evening game then people will be able to drink more throughout the day but it comes down to personal choice and responsibility. If PV can't keep away-players safe then they have to pay a heavy price in terms of fines etc. It's up to them if they feel the need to put up continental style fencing to cage people in or draught in extra hordes of police and stewards.

I would caution against cages. If Hillsborough doesn't convince you go on Youtube and watch the Bradford City fire of 1985. 56 fans died. 2,944 fans in the stand survived. Had they been caged in, they would not have done.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 21st, 2022, 3:22 pm
Chepstow'sFine wrote: May 20th, 2022, 9:17 am

I would caution against cages. If Hillsborough doesn't convince you go on Youtube and watch the Bradford City fire of 1985. 56 fans died. 2,944 fans in the stand survived. Had they been caged in, they would not have done.
Yes sorry Stan, fair point. I meant netting rather than a cage but essentially it does the same thing. I just meant the stuff they use in certain continental grounds that keep people in. Sad state of affairs we need to even throw that around as an idea in 2022 but Keane is right, a player or playing staff is going to get seriously hurt as it stands.