Nuance

I'm and old man. I'm about to do something incredibly pompous. The good thing about being old is I really don't give a sh!t. I don't say that this pearl of wisdom is the only secret to a happy life, but in my observations and sometimes bitter experience I wish I'd known this 50 years ago. And the nuance is that how closely related is the secret to an unhappy life.

Nuance is often missed on this board, especially in the main section. For instance whilst it is true that I thought Chris Blight and absolute disaster as chairman of Newport County, very few bothered to read that I also said Chris Blight would have made a very good, possibly outstanding, CEO of Newport County. Likewise David Hando. I have every respect for that man but he is a human being. He got things wrong as we all do. My criticism was not of his mistakes but of those who through blind devotion would never question him. So for those who don't or won't actually see that there are tiny margins only between success and failure it is best to stop reading now. So what is the single biggest and sometimes most important lesson I have learned? What one thing do I think leads to a happy life, a successful football team, the one thing I'd really wish I'd known? Well just my opinion of course, although I've never been noted for being humble.

If you want to be successful make mistakes over and over again.

If you want to be a failure make the same mistake over and over again.

Re: Nuance

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 20th, 2022, 1:31 pm I'm and old man. I'm about to do something incredibly pompous. The good thing about being old is I really don't give a sh!t. I don't say that this pearl of wisdom is the only secret to a happy life, but in my observations and sometimes bitter experience I wish I'd known this 50 years ago. And the nuance is that how closely related is the secret to an unhappy life.

Nuance is often missed on this board, especially in the main section. For instance whilst it is true that I thought Chris Blight and absolute disaster as chairman of Newport County, very few bothered to read that I also said Chris Blight would have made a very good, possibly outstanding, CEO of Newport County. Likewise David Hando. I have every respect for that man but he is a human being. He got things wrong as we all do. My criticism was not of his mistakes but of those who through blind devotion would never question him. So for those who don't or won't actually see that there are tiny margins only between success and failure it is best to stop reading now. So what is the single biggest and sometimes most important lesson I have learned? What one thing do I think leads to a happy life, a successful football team, the one thing I'd really wish I'd known? Well just my opinion of course, although I've never been noted for being humble.

If you want to be successful make mistakes over and over again.

If you want to be a failure make the same mistake over and over again.
Just like putting and instead of an :lol: