Re: As the corridors of BBC Wales & s4c fall silent

As well as the two owners, Will Ferrell ( Elf) and David Beckham were in attendance at Wembley today to see our six fingered friends LOSE .
Talk about jumping on a bandwagon because of rich famous owners.

Can you imagine the news tomorrow morning if they had won...It would be the MAJOR news story on BBC Wales...If they had won they would have changed the programmes with wall to wall Wrexham coverage. It was bad enough on Friday in the build up

I have nothing against Wrexham , their owners and fans....Its just the coverage BBC keep giving them whilst we barely get a mention. that winds me up ....Strange how S4C had the game on LIVE...I don't recall our game versus York being live on S4C ?

Re: As the corridors of BBC Wales & s4c fall silent

neilcork68 wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 8:51 pm As well as the two owners, Will Ferrell ( Elf) and David Beckham were in attendance at Wembley today to see our six fingered friends LOSE .
Talk about jumping on a bandwagon because of rich famous owners.

Can you imagine the news tomorrow morning if they had won...It would be the MAJOR news story on BBC Wales...If they had won they would have changed the programmes with wall to wall Wrexham coverage. It was bad enough on Friday in the build up

I have nothing against Wrexham , their owners and fans....Its just the coverage BBC keep giving them whilst we barely get a mention. that winds me up ....Strange how S4C had the game on LIVE...I don't recall our game versus York being live on S4C ?
Totally agree which was my motivation for my post and earlier ones RE: Wrexham - yes there is a teeny bit of jealousy (their away kit is cracking and Macron is imo a far better manufacturer than Hummel) they have a massive profile and a larger fan base than us not least I expect some fans of the bigger North West clubs watch them if their teams are away or if they can’t afford tickets to their 'big' team very often - overall no denying Wrexham are a 'bigger' club than us and arguably potentially bigger than our 2 near neighbours (I just about remember them being in the 3rd tier while all the other Welsh teams sat below them) BUT the coverage they get is both disproportionate and so sycophantic as to be both pathetic and makes for such poor TV/Radio/journalism its risible – I’m not a Welsh speaker beyond a few words but the whole vibe of the coverage on Sunday was ‘we want Wrexham to win of course they'll win they're playing Bromley! aren’t they great, look its Beckham…erm its 1:0 to Bromley oh dear er quick look over there its Beckham again’…