Re: As the corridors of BBC Wales & s4c fall silent

Mickey Thomas will be spitting feathers

Listening to the commentator and the guest summariser on the BBC Radio Wales coverage and they sounded absolutely gutted......... They sounded like they couldnt believe that Wrexham could be beat by a much less inferior side such as Grimsby
All of this after McElhenney was on the radio yesterday talking of Wrexham being in the Premier League in a few years time....better extend his dreams as Wrexham now enter their 15th year in NON LEAGUE

I wonder how long it will take for Mullin ,Tozer and a few others asking their agents to get them out of their...will they want another season of NON LEAGUE football ???

Contracts dont mean anything in Football nowadays.. If a player wants out they go...
Would you want a player staying at your club who didnt want to be there ?
Its ok saying they are under contract and they HAVE TO STAY but if the player wants to leave then unfortunately thats the only option as they can be a bad thing to keep around the club if they dont want to be there
Yes they nailed their colours to the mast as they got offered silly money and believed in the 'project' but the 'project' of getting Wrexham promoted has failed and they may not want another season in NON LEAGUE...Loads of clubs would line up to sign Mullin as he proved he is still a goal scorer and Tozer is a decent player at our level if they want to leave

Wasn't suggesting they would be expected to honour their contracts but I wouldn't expect a League Two club to offer them more than they are getting at Wrexham (a figure I have no idea about). Mullins has scored regularly this season. I wonder if Wrexham has become fixated on Tozer's long throw to the detriment of all else. In the bits of the Trophy final that I saw, I thought he looked quite static when players were running the ball into danger areas

Yes, they rely so heavily on Tozerball - even to clear defence - I wonder how they cope if he's out of the team and they have to use someone with even a slightly shorter throw.

The penalty was 50/50 but Mullin's handball to score was clear. Both defences played like pub teams. Palmer was blowing out of his arse in the second half. I wonder if Deadpool will think "We've tried throwing money at it and that didn't work" and dump Parkinson.

As always I'll make the point that a good friend supports them just as much as I support County and I'm sorry on her behalf, but I wouldn't trust BBC Wales as far as I can spit.