Re: Parliament today

Nice to see. Bloody hell, we’ve been to Wembley five times recently, now we are being mentioned in the House of Commons.

Minor point I know, but it was great to see the MP talking about the County, not just Newport County. People on here have said in the past she is a fan. I think only County fans call us the County. Great. Just a shame that Nadine Dorries couldn’t mention us by name in her reply.

County Exile wrote: May 26th, 2022, 12:27 pm
To coin the parliamentary phrase 'hear hear' well done Jessica for raising this and note the 'responsible clubs' - but far too many clubs have been, knowingly or otherwise, poorly or 'dodgily' run (yes Derby I'm looking at you!) and they seem to get almost rewarded for that whereas the 'good' clubs like ours (not perfect as I've been quick to point out) get left behind while the financial dopers fly past us sticking two fingers up - and no bitterness here but just cannot see how FGR can be 'responsible' with the wages they are paying nor many clubs ([say] Herford are alleged to be paying players £1000 or more per week! Hereford! to be clear no suggestion they [Hereford] are breaking any rules but surely this is not sustainable for clubs?) no blame on players either in regards wages but football has been and continues to be funked over by the wealthy Gordon Gecko’s of this world (or worse fantasist wanabee Gordon Gecko’s who actually have no money at all!). Pure scum who have no regard for the clubs or communities and want at best a vanity project they will throw aside in short order and at worst to asset strip/bleed dry - this should not still be happening in 2022 but it is!

Rant over...

North London Exile wrote: May 26th, 2022, 4:39 pm The late Paul Flynn was a good supporter I believe.
The two Newport MSs (Jayne Bryant and John Griffiths) are also regulars at Rodney Parade. In fact, I always seem to end up stood next to John at the urinal! Good to see Newport's elected representatives getting behind the club, and not just on the big occasions either.

Jess Morden has been very active on the Fair Game report and recommendations. We'd hoped to get her on the pod where we spoke to the CEO of Fair Game, but we left it a bit late in the day - but he spoke very effusively about her support and help. Fair play.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: May 27th, 2022, 11:52 am
North London Exile wrote: May 26th, 2022, 4:39 pm The late Paul Flynn was a good supporter I believe.
The two Newport MSs (Jayne Bryant and John Griffiths) are also regulars at Rodney Parade. In fact, I always seem to end up stood next to John at the urinal! Good to see Newport's elected representatives getting behind the club, and not just on the big occasions either.

Jess Morden has been very active on the Fair Game report and recommendations. We'd hoped to get her on the pod where we spoke to the CEO of Fair Game, but we left it a bit late in the day - but he spoke very effusively about her support and help. Fair play.
She is the MP for Newport West. She is your servant. Further MP's of all political persuasions usually welcome any platform to expound their views. And there is nothing wrong with that. So as she is often seen watching the County, as her face adorns the County programme, why not invite her on a future podcast? To quote the old Irish folk song, 'For if she denies you, what can she do more?'.

Matter for you of course, but if you do get her on, I'd be interested in her views of whether Rodney Parade owned by Newport City Council and a secure home for Dragons and County, would be something she would favour?

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 27th, 2022, 1:03 pm

She is the MP for Newport West. She is your servant. Further MP's of all political persuasions usually welcome any platform to expound their views. And there is nothing wrong with that. So as she is often seen watching the County, as her face adorns the County programme, why not invite her on a future podcast? To quote the old Irish folk song, 'For if she denies you, what can she do more?'.

Matter for you of course, but if you do get her on, I'd be interested in her views of whether Rodney Parade owned by Newport City Council and a secure home for Dragons and County, would be something she would favour?
Newport East

I'd be a bit worried if you ended up stood next to the other two politicians at the urinal :lol:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 27th, 2022, 1:03 pm She is the MP for Newport West. She is your servant.
I'm sure if we invited her and gave her a bit more notice, she'd come on. She (and Jayne Bryant) have been much more supportive of the pod and willing to engage than, dare I say it, members of our own Board of Directors - who are 'our servants' every bit as much!