Re: Wales v Ukraine

North London Exile wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 3:49 pm
phil_in_npton wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 8:37 am Good Morning!

I am surprised there are no thoughts and comments with reference to this game on Sunday! I know itā€™s a club forum, but is the national team not closely linked in fans eyes?
As a 60/40 neutral I would love to see Wales qualify and witness the fervour and excitement of the World Cup for Wales. That must rub off on Welsh clubs all over.
So over to you guysā€¦ are you going to the game? Do you feel the world wide sympathy for Ukraine is a great burden to overcome?

Phil in Very Eastern Wales
I'm very torn over this fixture as my father grew up in Newport and my mother in Lviv (Lwow as it then was).
It was the only match I watched at the Millennium Stadium (2001), which ended 1-1. I got to see Giggs and Shevchenko.
This time I'm going for Wales as Ukraine have qualified once for the World Cup finals since independence, and Wales have neither qualified (since 1958) nor gained independence.
I went to that game!

Re: Wales v Ukraine

Wales firm favourites according to the bookies for this one. 31/20. I donā€™t get that. Scotland were favourites too. Look what happened there. The professional punters will be making a mint out of this one. Ukraine 2/1. If I wasnā€™t Welsh I would be having some of that. Crazy.