Re: Wales v Ukraine

phil_in_npton wrote: June 5th, 2022, 10:45 pm Good Evening

I echo Norms sentiments, no animosity from the English fans of Newport County. I’m so pleased for you all. I think we take the anti English “banter” with a pinch of salt, and I look forward to the friendly rivalry later in the year!

Phil in England
It was passion and pace v passion and chess tonight and if I was a neutral I wouldn’t be nearly as pleased as I am at this moment. It’s a huge achievement for a small nation like Wales to qualify and a great experience for the team and fans. I’m sure the group will make for some good games. Sad for as good a side as Ukraine to go out but tbh I’m delighted that Wales qualified tonight.

During the second half,I was thinking,this is like watching us,dropping too deep,not picking up the runners,last gasp blocks and hanging on then,my mate texts me and says,this is like watching us.We won but,not sure how we did,they should have had a penalty,Ben Davies was a colossus,so was Hennessy .I will take that rather than being the best side and losing but,the best side lost tonight but,it’s the result that counts.

I am pleased Wales won. I hope you do well in the World Cup. It won't alter my views on Qatar or the fact I won't watch it.
With respect to a man of the match poll. Anyone who doesn't think it was Hennessey knows nothing about football. Not just the saves, his handling in those conditions was out of this world.