Our Signings 2022/23 so far

So far the incoming/loan players don`t raise any eye brows for me, League 2 is going to be by far the toughest season ahead we have encountered since returning to the EFL in 2013, I have no doubt JR and Co have a list of Experienced players they would like to bring in, this week we should know who else is leaving the club.!!
Lets hope we get some players in that will make the other clubs sit up and take notice.

Re: Our Signings 2022/23 so far

I see this season as being very much a development one , hopefully consolidating our position in the league , hopefully leaving the days of relegation scraps behind.
The signings of Zimba, Bowen & Evans will undoubtedly need time, coupled with Waite , Priestly & hopefully Woodiwiss , Twamley & Bright kicking on and also Collins now must be in last chance saloon to cement a regular place in the team.
Very much a youthful look to make the majority of the squad up , but definitely need some older experienced pros to help these young ones & again, fingers crossed we don’t have many injuries to contend with.
Could be an interesting season ….

I suspect out of respect for the young man's efforts, Collins will go out on loan this season to give him a chance of developing a career in the game. His contract pre-dates Rowberry and the fact that the pretty hopeless contributions by Street still kept him out of the team means he will still probably be fourth choice next season if he stays.

Being a established league 2 team i would be astonished and disappointed if we treated this coming season as a development ! Imo we blew promotion season just gone and been to 2 play off finals. so jdw4127 I like many fans would be upset if we wasn't going for a automatic promotion place this season.

Sorry , not sure if I came over correct.
What I meant to say was yes ‘ it seems that this season is heading to be mediocre at best’ given the signings so far, not that I was encouraging it and neither would I be happy to lower our stock as a top 7/8 club in this league despite last seasons poor finish. There in nothing I want more than to be challenging at the top end but does the activity so far fill you with confidence ?

Great signing with a good pedigree at this level. One more similar signing in defence and two more up front and the season is a shaping up well.

I do think next season will be much tougher though so a good early start followed by reasonable consistency is key. The last few seasons have been so wide open they probably represented an easier chance to get promoted.