Re: Walsall taken over by Alabama-based investment fund

Do I think William Hill are dodgy? Yes. They make money by preying on human weakness. They pretend to be responsible but had to be forced to remove machines from their shops which allowed addicts to lose a fortune in minutes. They avoid taxes in the UK by setting up in Malta. Do I think they are as dodgy as interbet. Probably not.
My view on bookmakers is probably not held by most on here. But it's my view.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: June 7th, 2022, 9:45 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: June 7th, 2022, 9:37 pm Your original post about them being ‘dodgy’ had nothing to do with them being a betting company but more a shot at the club for having a company you hadn’t heard of, and thought had disappeared, as our shirt sponsor
That's a fair enough criticism. I detest betting companies. And I wish our club had nothing to do with them.

I agree.

Exile 1976 wrote: June 8th, 2022, 1:48 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: June 7th, 2022, 9:37 pm Your original post about them being ‘dodgy’ had nothing to do with them being a betting company but more a shot at the club for having a company you hadn’t heard of, and thought had disappeared, as our shirt sponsor
That's a fair enough criticism. I detest betting companies. And I wish our club had nothing to do with them.

I agree.
Wow!! Stan in "I was wrong" admission shocker!!

wattsville_boy wrote: June 8th, 2022, 2:18 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: June 8th, 2022, 1:48 pm

I agree.
Wow!! Stan in "I was wrong" admission shocker!!
Don't you start, you'll only encourage them. :grin: