Re: David Buttress

flat4 wrote: June 14th, 2022, 3:24 pm He has been responsible for keeping professional sport alive in Newport City Centre. Fingers crossed he can sort a contract out between the landlord and county.
Yes indeed. Thought I remember reading on this forum that the contract had already been agreed and would be announced after the end of the season. What has happened to that?

fontague-smythe wrote: June 14th, 2022, 2:18 pm Could anyone enlighten me on what he's actually achieved since taking over the Dragons?
Well under his tenure since 2017 he has managed to achieve the near impossible in taking a dog dirt rugby team to unparalleled levels of crap. To such an extent that the Dragons have by a country mile the worst support and results. Didn’t achieve a single home win this season. I think even Scunthorpe managed that. And now he’s going to work for Boris, that’s right up there with his decision to host the Blues at RP. Sooner he buggers off the better.

We need the Dragons to be successful to help us stay at RP. In this respect Buttress has been a disappointment with the demise of the Dragons being forecast by some.

I must say that an anti-Johnson, Welsh nationalist is a surprise appointment. Johnson is not paying him, of course.

G Guest wrote: June 17th, 2022, 2:02 pm We need the Dragons to be successful to help us stay at RP. In this respect Buttress has been a disappointment with the demise of the Dragons being forecast by some.

I must say that an anti-Johnson, Welsh nationalist is a surprise appointment. Johnson is not paying him, of course.
He’s attempting to mitigate the disaster of the cost of living crisis and minimise child poverty, no more no less and not taking a salary. His politics are well known.

lowandhard wrote: June 17th, 2022, 5:45 pm
G Guest wrote: June 17th, 2022, 2:02 pm We need the Dragons to be successful to help us stay at RP. In this respect Buttress has been a disappointment with the demise of the Dragons being forecast by some.

He’s attempting to mitigate the disaster of the cost of living crisis and minimise child poverty, no more no less and not taking a salary. His politics are well known.
I'm with you on that.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: June 14th, 2022, 3:58 pm Thought I remember reading on this forum that the contract had already been agreed and would be announced after the end of the season. What has happened to that?
Not quite. There was a rumour it had been agreed, then it was suggested that IF it had, it would make most sense to announce it at the end of the season so we could end on a high note.

Can’t believe he’s said this about Johnson though, apologising to him for tweets he made saying Johnson had to go ….

“When I met with the Prime Minister, I saw that passion – very similar to how I feel about it. He invigorated me to get involved,” he said.

Asked about his critical social media posts about the Prime Minister, he said: “I think you’ve got to be grown-up about these things. I didn’t know anybody.

“I’ve been working in business and industry for the last 20 years and a little bit of sport. So I didn’t know anybody in politics and certainly didn’t know, obviously, anyone personally.

“So I think there’s a very innocent element to most people on social media where you just in a flippant moment say things. You don’t know people.

“It doesn’t mean that you actually believe it or even remember it. Because genuinely I didn’t remember it.”

My media history would possibly get me a “ hero of the revolution “ medal in a communist country and the death sentence in Florida 😂. I can’t believe Johnson ( a walking , talking Americanism if ever there was one!😂 ) is much concerned with social media comments - if he was he’d surely be out buying razor blades as I write…