Re: Telford gone

pembsexile wrote: June 17th, 2022, 10:23 am Argus just announced that Telford is going. JR has confirmed this.
Shame but will be interesting to see where he goes and how he does as no matter how brilliant he was in that scoring run last season he hasn't done it before so a risk for any club paying the amount they will need to pay him.

lowandhard wrote: June 17th, 2022, 11:47 am
Chepstow'sFine wrote: June 17th, 2022, 11:40 am I know that a pro footballers' career is a short one and they have to maximise every opportunity but am I alone in thinking he owes us another season?
Not bothered tbh, I don’t think he’ll ever repeat that run. Once he was a marked man, he did very little
Yeh you make a great point. I think teams worked us out quite quickly although CBR getting injured did play a part.

CathedralCounty wrote: June 17th, 2022, 12:06 pm
Chepstow'sFine wrote: June 17th, 2022, 11:40 am I know that a pro footballers' career is a short one and they have to maximise every opportunity but am I alone in thinking he owes us another season?
Nope owes us precisely nothing there's no loyalty in football least of all from clubs towards players - good luck to the man
Totally agree ….. only thing he owed us was giving 100% when he crossed the white line (which is admit is the absolute minimum a pro footballer “should” give, but sometimes it’s not the case) and when he eventually got the chance, he, imo, did that …. Interesting to see where he goes, but good luck anyway.

You’d imagine that the club Telford signs for will be aware of how to get the best out of him and will set themselves up to play to his strengths. He’s a good finisher and, if players around him create chances and open up defences, I can still see him putting a few away; even if it’s not to the extent of this past season.

I think that a number of defenders guarded against a shot from his right foot, not realising that it was his left foot that was dangerous. Once they had worked this out he was less effective. If he goes to L1 he may have a good start until they work him out there too.