Re: New Loan Signing

How about off the top of my head they got 40 million for Brewster and Wilson.

Liverpool are known to charge loan fees and clubs are always happy to pay a couple of hundred grand for ex Liverpool, City and United academy players, that just drift out of football in a couple of years.

I'd say their academy more than pays for itself

Edit. Forgot another 16 million for Jordan Ibe

I think the positive to take from this loan is that this is the second year in a row that County have got a player from Liverpool. I may be kidding myself but could it possibly be that the club is gaining a reputation for improving players.

Of course it could just be playing "adult" football but Cain was better at the end of the season than he was at the start. Will he be loaned to a League 1 side this coming season?

wattsville_boy wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 9:43 pm I think the positive to take from this loan is that this is the second year in a row that County have got a player from Liverpool. I may be kidding myself but could it possibly be that the club is gaining a reputation for improving players.

Of course it could just be playing "adult" football but Cain was better at the end of the season than he was at the start. Will he be loaned to a League 1 side this coming season?
Agree with you WB the difference in Cain from the start of the season to the end was incredible.

UPTHEPORT wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 11:48 am They probably got 60-70 youngsters on the books if only 10% make it they've done a good job and for the youngests that don't it's good on their CVs they've played for Liverpool you can swap that with man city Chelsea etc
It's a secondary game plan by the big clubs, and Chelsea were reportably the worst for it ie they just hoover up any kid who looks half decent, not because they want them but to stop anyone else from getting their hands on them!
That's not saying they might hit lucky and find the new world super star, but in their world it's just easier to buy in the ready made article even if it does cost them £80m.
Pretty sad really, that this kid might be way above above our standard but will probably never put on a red shirt for his parent club.