Re: Telford

Interesting that Clubs in higher leagues have been conspicuous in their absence to secure his signature. Perhaps we need to look closer to home as to why he didn’t re- sign for County instead of opting for a League 2 rival, particularly as it is rumoured that Newport made a good offer to retain him.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: June 24th, 2022, 7:14 pm Interesting that Clubs in higher leagues have been conspicuous in their absence to secure his signature. Perhaps we need to look closer to home as to why he didn’t re- sign for County instead of opting for a League 2 rival, particularly as it is rumoured that Newport made a good offer to retain him.
Why do we need to look closer to home when it's obvious he has signed somewhere else solely for money?

Just waiting for the 'It's a short career' stuff now!
Perhaps it's a sign of my age that I hate the bollox that new signings give with the "This is a great place" "I couldn't wait to sign" "A team I have always respected" blah blah, but at the first opportunity of a bit more money it's "bye then" "be seeing you" "all the best."

I’m a bit surprised he’s gone to Creepy, but when you step back and consider things, it sounds like a good choice for him.

He knows this division and will score goals.
He’s got himself a 3 year deal.
The club have recently been bought out by a bitcoin investor so maybe there’s money to spare.
Plus he gets to work with 2 excellent former professionals in Kevin Betsy and Dannie Bulman.

If I were him I’d insist in being paid in £ not crypto tokens though as that market is going to go t1ts up soon.

lowandhard wrote: June 24th, 2022, 7:44 pm Hope they go bust, horrible club
Very good chance if they are handing out 3 year lucrative contracts to someone who could very well be a one season wonder. I've said before Telford would be a risk to whoever signs him, we will wait and see.

I think you guys are being a bit short-sighted over his move.

He signed for us and was then frozen out, when he got his chance of regular games he became our highest scorer in a season since???

He’s now got a chance to make some real money with the security of a 3 year deal and, whatever we think of Crawley, they’ve a 50/50 chance of buying promotion next season.

Plus most importantly in my view, he gets to work with respected coaches who have actually played the game and know what they’re talking about. At a club which has its own ground and presumably training facilities.

It can’t have been just down to £ as Sussex is an expensive place to live compared to where he has been before.

If this sort of scenario cropped up in my job - chance to join a company with £ behind it and leave my present employer where I’ve not always been treated with respect and who (most likely) only offered me a 2 year contract on wages not much above what other key staff are on, then I would be clearing my desk pronto.

And I won’t even mention it’s a short career…..

Chepstow'sFine wrote: June 24th, 2022, 9:35 pm Absolutely f-cked off about it. Sheer greed. Very disappointed. Can't wait to boo him next season.
We can't have it both ways. You say sheer greed. If you were offered the same job you had now at a much higher salary and/or greater job security would you say no?

Neither would I and neither would anyone else.