Re: Meet the Manager Evening - Thursday

The point is, I and you, didn't attend, and therefore shouldn't expect the prime service of those that did attend. Surely that makes sense with a fan owned club? That the club should make it worthwhile to get involved, rather than be an armchair supporter. Similar with Ifollow, its a worthwhile service, but it shouldn't be so good that supporters are put off attending games surely?

Bangitintrnet wrote: July 4th, 2022, 12:56 pm The point is, I and you, didn't attend, and therefore shouldn't expect the prime service of those that did attend. Surely that makes sense with a fan owned club? That the club should make it worthwhile to get involved, rather than be an armchair supporter. Similar with Ifollow, its a worthwhile service, but it shouldn't be so good that supporters are put off attending games surely?
Bangitintrnet - What are you trying to say? Are you suggesting that fans accept poor quality and negativity?
As far as I am concerned the club should be as professional as possible in all matters.
They should be providing a prime service, as I mentioned before it was very amateurish.
Although I didn't attend I doubt it was much better being there in person.
If that was the best quality the club could produce then it sends out a very negative insight into the club.
As the late great Green Bay Packers coach Vince Lombardi once said "Perfection is unattainable, but if you chase perfection then you may catch excellence".

Fu Ming wrote: July 4th, 2022, 1:28 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: July 4th, 2022, 12:56 pm The point is, I and you, didn't attend, and therefore shouldn't expect the prime service of those that did attend. Surely that makes sense with a fan owned club? That the club should make it worthwhile to get involved, rather than be an armchair supporter. Similar with Ifollow, its a worthwhile service, but it shouldn't be so good that supporters are put off attending games surely?
Bangitintrnet - What are you trying to say? Are you suggesting that fans accept poor quality and negativity?
As far as I am concerned the club should be as professional as possible in all matters.
They should be providing a prime service, as I mentioned before it was very amateurish.
If that was the best quality the club could produce then it sends out a very negative insight into the club.
As the late great Green Bay Packers coach Vince Lombardi once said "Perfection is unattainable, but if you chase perfection then you may catch excellence".
Didn't realise that Vince Lombardi was referring to a meet the manger meeting.
As Confucious probably never said " those who support meeting from armchair, get less content, and bigger arse"

Bangitintrnet wrote: July 5th, 2022, 8:10 am
Fu Ming wrote: July 4th, 2022, 1:28 pm
Didn't realise that Vince Lombardi was referring to a meet the manger meeting.
As Confucious probably never said " those who support meeting from armchair, get less content, and bigger arse"
Vince Lombardi wasn't specifically "referring to a meet the manager meeting", but his mantra applies to all aspects of life.
It would appear to me that you seem to be happy with poor quality and mediocracy, this low level aspirational mind set is indicative of people who are not progressive and are content to wallow in the mire.
So what I was suggesting that the club should be endeavouring to be as professional in all aspects of it's business.
So to that end the needs to up it's game when posting live streams and or videos.

I feel with ifollow as it a commercial platform which works out quite pricey over a season the standards should be high but for streaming meetings agree its a camera and laptop and people can't expect it to be a BBC standard satellite broadcast

Vince Lombardi is a much misunderstood man. His most famous quote is accurately recorded but quoted out of context. He said 'Winning is not the most important thing, it is the only thing'. That which is missed is he went on to say that winning wasn't necessarily about how many trophies were won but about always giving of your best. In terms so long as you did the best you could, tried your hardest, left nothing on the pitch, you were a winner regardless of the result. A view I share.
A view it seems Banginternet doesn't share.

Talking of Confucious......

Man makes jokes about big arse can't see his own arse is the biggest of them all.

I suspect Confucious had Banginternet in mind when he said that.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: July 5th, 2022, 9:15 am Vince Lombardi is a much misunderstood man. His most famous quote is accurately recorded but quoted out of context. He said 'Winning is not the most important thing, it is the only thing'. That which is missed is he went on to say that winning wasn't necessarily about how many trophies were won but about always giving of your best. In terms so long as you did the best you could, tried your hardest, left nothing on the pitch, you were a winner regardless of the result. A view I share.

Man makes jokes about big arse can't see his own arse is the biggest of them all.

It's nothing at all to do with the product on the pitch is it? We are talking about a managers meeting being broadcast.

So yet again you pretend it is about something that it isn't. What sort of person continually does this? An arse, who wants everything delivered for him for free, in top quality, because he can't be arsed to attend himself.

Bangitintrnet wrote: July 5th, 2022, 9:25 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: July 5th, 2022, 9:15 am Vince Lombardi is a much misunderstood man. His most famous quote is accurately recorded but quoted out of context. He said 'Winning is not the most important thing, it is the only thing'. That which is missed is he went on to say that winning wasn't necessarily about how many trophies were won but about always giving of your best. In terms so long as you did the best you could, tried your hardest, left nothing on the pitch, you were a winner regardless of the result. A view I share.

An arse, who wants everything delivered for him for free, in top quality, because he can't be arsed to attend himself.
What an absurd and offensive statement, many supporters live some distance from Newport yet maintain an active interest in the County. In my case to attend all home games, as I do, involves a round trip of 150 miles, so please forgive me if ‘I can’t be arsed’ to attend a meet the Manager meeting that was allegedly being live streamed. The fact that the quality was suspect is disappointing when compared to that provided by many non league clubs, like Hereford for example.

For sometime I’ve felt that Bangitinternet was either a Board member or has a close connection, if either is accurate then the attitude and contempt displayed is quite worrying.

I am not a board member or anything to do with the club. I too don't live near Newport, and it costs me far more to travel to home games than the ticket price.
I would have attended the meet the manager meeting myself, but for testing positive for covid.

Many years ago I joined the over the bridge exiles, in order to receive information such as Argus clippings, that although out of date did provide information that kept me in the loop so to speak.

The Iplayer service was a godsend during covid, but shouldn't be in competition with actually attending. Likewise a meet the manager meeting SHOULD be better for those actually in attendance, otherwise why bother at all?

It pisses me off that these things are put out for free, to assist those like myself who were unable to attend, but what happens is whinging based on entitlement. What next, meet the manger who will come and sit on your own settee FFS?