Re: 1912 Exiles Podcast #88: Close season catchup

It’s more important to get the right player in. Leaving the loan system argument to one side, I don’t think it matters where the ‘right’ player comes from. I can see the logic of getting players in who are already ‘local’ from say, Swansea, Cardiff and Bristol City as long as they are not cast offs or worse. That decision has to come down to the officials at the club. Just hope they get it right.

Re: 1912 Exiles Podcast #88: Close season catchup

Stan A. Einstein wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 11:23 am
Kairdiff Exile wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 11:15 am Good to see the podcast generating some discussion! I think the Cardiff City antipathy is partly a generational thing. For anyone who has only ever known NCAFC, Cardiff City have always been so far outside our orbit that to consider them 'rivals' in any meaningful sense is just ridiculous, so it's hard to have any logical aversion to borrowing / signing their players. For those of an older vintage, the historic rivalry runs much deeper and so there's more of a visceral antipathy towards them.

For me, I think the situation has already been more than adequately summed up:
Kevinmoorefellover wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 9:36 pm If we do badly this season I’ll be outraged at the over reliance on Cardiff City cast-offs. If we do well, I’ll be full of praise for the recruitment of players that the manager is familiar with. I think that covers it.
I'm not sure I agree with that. George who is of my vintage, likewise Highandwide, and anyone who remembers Kevin Moore is hardly a spring chicken, and myself don't seem to have any antipathy towards Cardiff. Some of us are though concerned about becoming over reliant on Cardiff signings.
Yes, quite agree. In fact when I started playing it was as a full back and I modelled my play on Alf Sherwood ( ex Cardiff, Welsh International ) and as I got older I copied his penalty technique. We had some really good additions from the Bluebirds over the years. And while I have been and always will be exclusively a County fan, I often used to take my boys to Cardiff when County were away to watch teams I didn’t get to see at Somerton. And while I don’t think we should be too small-minded about things, if I hadn’t been brought up in Hamilton St ( where from grans house you at least knew how many goals the County had scored if not the opposition ) I could well have been a City fan - thank goodness for an accident of birth and a love of black & amber!