Re: Women's Euro's

pembsexile wrote: July 20th, 2022, 9:30 pm Possession football from Spain. They are playing the better football.
Agree. Even when out of possession, they play with a confidence and a sense of organisation that England haven’t managed. Too often, in both attack and defence, England looked panicked. In a weird way, they might have benefited from having a tougher opponent in their group - the step up to tonight’s game after the easy ride of the group stage seemed to take them by surprise.

Lovely strike to put England ahead. They’ve grown in confidence since the equaliser whilst Spain’s composure has evaporated. It’s been a really competitive game.

Tell you what though, I’m glad that thousands of spectators are able to hold up those daft signs saying “Goal” to tell us all that someone’s scored, just in case we can’t follow what’s happening... 🙄

AND another thing.....a wonderful family,friendly atmosphere,no flares,foul chants and the general toxicity generated by men's internationals.
Long may the Ladies game go from strength to strength where families can watch and bring kids along without fear

mad norm wrote: July 21st, 2022, 10:16 am AND another thing.....a wonderful family,friendly atmosphere,no flares,foul chants and the general toxicity generated by men's internationals.
Long may the Ladies game go from strength to strength where families can watch and bring kids along without fear
I had crafted a long response to this and my laptop malfunctioned so in summary - as I've stated before in the 99% fans of and games of men's football pass off without any incident and to state otherwise is to insult football fans and the game - and as for kids - trust me they hear worse in the playground of St anywhere's primary than they do on the terraces!

*no denying a nkod heads can and occasionally do spoil it for the rest which is infuriating*

I agree with you Norm, and in response to Cathedral -

I disagree that the majority of mens senior games pass without any incident and only occasionally do d1ckheads spoil things: without wanting to sound like a woke snowflake, my view is that there are unacceptable shouts, slurs and chants at almost every game if you include fans’ vocal criticism. Chants about the ref, assistants, opposing players and coaches, anti-Welsh songs, etc - in the main we have accepted all these and become hardened to regular swearing at games but I really wouldn’t want to take a young child to any mens games, whereas - as Norm says - none of this happens in the family-friendly ladies games.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: July 21st, 2022, 11:03 am I agree with you Norm, and in response to Cathedral -

I disagree that the majority of mens senior games pass without any incident and only occasionally do d1ckheads spoil things: without wanting to sound like a woke snowflake, my view is that there are unacceptable shouts, slurs and chants at almost every game if you include fans’ vocal criticism. Chants about the ref, assistants, opposing players and coaches, anti-Welsh songs, etc - in the main we have accepted all these and become hardened to regular swearing at games but I really wouldn’t want to take a young child to any mens games, whereas - as Norm says - none of this happens in the family-friendly ladies games.
OK I'll concede that there is some 'fruity' language and *some* veers into unacceptability (barracking of referees gets silly - they won’t change their minds and probably filter it out anyway!) BUT that is the nature of the male led/supported game and it’s a 'safe space' for men to be men and shock horror even the most mild mannered beta males (like me) can get a bit excited now and again and why not (provided it doesn’t cross the line which the majority know where that line is)...of course its ultimately for parents/carers to make the decision as to take a child or not to a men’s game as they should know their child better than anyone but plenty of kids do go and doubt they are scared for life (except by the quality of the football in league 2!), even I as an odd and somewhat sensitive child lived to tell the tale in fact football brought me out of myself a bit.

I’d stress I DON’T condone outright abuse and agree *some* people can get over excited at men’s football matches (although any incident in/around men’s football is overblown and often outright misrepresented like the post Euro 2020 ‘racism’ that wasn’t in fact ’racism’ or where it was didn’t emanate from football fans but foreign spam ‘bots’) as they can at other sports/music/other events mainly due to the demon drink but in the main the vast, vast majority of people go away from games physically and mentally unscathed.

I also think the old ‘women’s football is a more relaxed atmosphere than men’s games’ may be true but smacks of ‘women’s football is superior to men’s [off the pitch] look at all those MEN erugh’ – just another negative marketing tactic where women’s football should stop ragging on men’s football and look at itself – that’s the way to progress – Coke doesn’t say Pepsi is shite – its sells itself on its own merits.

Womens football is an awful standard, ( even a half decent under 21’s semi/professional mens team would hammer the best womens team in the world ) and cannot be compared to mens football ….but that doesn’t stop people enjoying the games… hell a few of us even enjoy the shite County serve up for us on occasions.

It can't be regarded as an awful standard just because a men's team would beat a womens team. The women are not competing with the men and never will. This is.a tournament showcasing the best in Europe and many of the best teams in the world. Doesn't that mean they are pretty good at what they do?