Friendly v Cardiff

I believe that this match is on Tuesday, 12th July at 6:30 at Leckwith Stadium. County aren't selling tickets but Cardiff are, but only to people with a history of buying tickets to watch Cardiff. Since we are in danger of becoming the hardest team for home fans to watch in football does anyone know how to get into this game?

Re: Friendly v Cardiff

G Guest wrote: July 9th, 2022, 11:47 am I believe that this match is on Tuesday, 12th July at 6:30 at Leckwith Stadium. County aren't selling tickets but Cardiff are, but only to people with a history of buying tickets to watch Cardiff. Since we are in danger of becoming the hardest team for home fans to watch in football does anyone know how to get into this game?
Have you a friend who supports them down the road,if so,ask him / her to get you a ticket or,if he / her can’t go then,go in their place,on their ticket.Just remember,if we score then don’t cheer but try to look glum.

I have not heard what the reason for banning County fans is and no-one has actually said that we are banned. However it has been made impossible to buy a ticket without a history as a Cardiff City fan.

Leckwith is almost up to FL standard with just under 5,000 capacity including a large stand but does not normally host largish football crowds.

It may be that the clubs feared that a large number of County fans would attend and that full stewarding and crowd separation would have to be provided and the police informed. All too much hassle for a practice match.

Yes, it's just a practice match. If the correct fitness work has been done, then along with a couple of 'proper' ninety minute games we should be ready to go. On Saturday I'm going to Torquay, only my second ever friendly match. I'm hoping it won't be all change at half time, and maybe getting close to real match plans, just the five subs. It's also a bit of a social after all these weeks.

I’ll be at the Torquay match also ExcessBee.
There’s a very slim chance (unlikely bordering on ‘not going to happen’) that I may be one of the match officials - linesman, fourth official etc. I’ve asked to be involved but suspect better quality officials have already been lined up.

If not, I’ll be on the terraces and will see you all in the ‘Boots & Laces’ club bar before the game. Best train station for Plainmoor is Torre - about a 15mins walk to the ground.

G Guest wrote: July 9th, 2022, 11:16 pm Thanks. I take it that County fans aren't welcome.

There will be a live stream on Cardiff City TV for 3 quid. I'll settle for that.
Is it really necessary to make a charge for streaming a pre-season friendly against a team two divisions below? Compare that with County cricket where all competitive matches (including T20) are streamed for free.

For any County fans planning to come to Torquay at the weekend, here are some suggested good pubs in the area -

Central Torquay (the Marina area) has all the pubs, clubs and restaurants, The Green Ginger Wetherspoons is in amongst these if you like a cheap pint, food is a bit kak as you’d expect. Pub called The Hole in the Wall is best if you like independent, real ale places. Place called Rock Garden is great if you like big, airy venues with good modern food (Mexican, burgers etc) plus good quality live music (one man and his guitar type).

Newton Abbot is the place to go for a curry, there are many ethnic restaurants in the road leading from the train station, good selection of pubs etc but the town itself is a bit grim.

Teignmouth has a number of good pubs, recommend getting the ferry across to Shaldon (supposedly the oldest UK ferry - it’s a bloke with a small boat which takes 16 people a few hundred yards across the water for £1.60 each). Pubs I’d recommend include The Jolly Brise (Wetherspoons), Blue Anchor, Jolly Sailor.

Dawlish, where I live, has 11 pubs all within walking distance so an ideal ‘pub crawl’.

If you’re driving down, I’d recommend lunch in The Double Locks @ Exeter - park in a trading estate then a 10mins walk along the canal to the pub, cracking food and beer.

If you like a better standard of pub, eateries and classy area, I’d recommend Brixham which is nice.

If you’re bringing kids, I’d recommend visiting Trago Mills near Newton Abbot - huge hyper market plus free zoo and low-cost funfair on site.

Cheers.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: July 11th, 2022, 11:59 am Yes agree XSB, but I did find Torquay’s online tick app very easy to use when I went to watch them last season. If you’d rather not use it and want a physical ticket, drop me a PM and I’ll go down to the ground ahead of Saturday and buy it for you.
Thanks, but I did the online one. Quite straightforward, even if there were quite a lot of clicks to perform.