Re: Friendly v Cardiff

Exile 1976 wrote: July 12th, 2022, 8:22 pm It was a friendly against a Championship side and we put out two teams, so don’t let yourself get too worried yet.
The second half the Cardiff side was three quarters kids our inability to put two passes together is worrying with the exception of one or two the majority were well off the pace.

The odd thing was that he was impressive at leaving his line earlier in the half but he could have made more of an effort to come out for the goal. I'm not a fan of Joe Day but I thought he did well up until the first goal. On tonight's showing I think that Townsend should be first choice. Agree about Dolan. I'm concerned that he is coming to the end as a FL player I'm sorry to say.
Last edited by G Guest on July 12th, 2022, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tompkip wrote: July 12th, 2022, 8:34 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: July 12th, 2022, 8:22 pm It was a friendly against a Championship side and we put out two teams, so don’t let yourself get too worried yet.
The second half the Cardiff side was three quarters kids our inability to put two passes together is worrying with the exception of one or two the majority were well off the pace.

You’re worried after watching a pre season friendly against a championship side, where both teams put out combination of sides and at no point did we have a ‘first XI’ on the pitch ?? Ok.

Exile 1976 wrote: July 12th, 2022, 10:06 pm
tompkip wrote: July 12th, 2022, 8:34 pm

You’re worried after watching a pre season friendly against a championship side, where both teams put out combination of sides and at no point did we have a ‘first XI’ on the pitch ?? Ok.
it was looking like the form we showed at the end of last season a full season of that would have seen us relegated.as I say Cardiff second half were mostly kids and they overturned the ball to easily and our lack of pace was there for all to see.I hope Rowbery is up to it but I am beginning to wonder but having said that I hope I am wrong.

G Guest wrote: July 12th, 2022, 8:51 pm The odd thing was that he was impressive at leaving his line earlier in the half but he could have made more of an effort to come out for the goal. I'm not a fan of Joe Day but I thought he did well up until the first goal. On tonight,s showing I think that Thomson should be first choice. Agree about Dolan. I'm concerned that he is coming to the end as a FL player I'm sorry to say.
Who is Thomson ?

I am not too bothered about friendlies where results are forgotten very quickly.Probably good that we didn’t win as some on here would be saying we will win the league.I am focused on Sutton,that’s what matters not games where we change the entire team to give the squad a run.Did Dennis play,if not then his fitness is more of a problem than losing a meaningless friendly.

excessbee wrote: July 12th, 2022, 11:14 pm I'm hoping that for Torquay, he will play regular rules of sixteen players. There does need to be a core of players who can go the full distance, not start the match knowing that they only have to put in a half shift.
There will be different teams for Weston Friday night and Torquay on Saturday and then presumably nearer the full team against FGR if the plan that was announced in May is still what Rowberry is working to (see below that was announced in May) Although tonight's match changed from the original plan of 2 60 minute matches

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... -schedule/

Percy plunkett wrote: July 12th, 2022, 10:58 pm
G Guest wrote: July 12th, 2022, 8:51 pm The odd thing was that he was impressive at leaving his line earlier in the half but he could have made more of an effort to come out for the goal. I'm not a fan of Joe Day but I thought he did well up until the first goal. On tonight,s showing I think that Thomson should be first choice. Agree about Dolan. I'm concerned that he is coming to the end as a FL player I'm sorry to say.
Who is Thomson ?
Ooop's. He hasn't signed yet. It was supposed to be a secret.