Re: Just for fun.

6th. I think we’ve retained who we needed, and I hope one of Zanzala/Bogle/Collins can get a good return. If they don’t then I could see us being bottom 7. This PL loanee might also be essential as I’m not sure we’ve got anyone who can replace Azaz

Dogger wrote: July 16th, 2022, 12:35 am I have absolutely no faith in Rowberry. Not impressed with his signings bar Wildig, so going for 22nd, but can’t see two worse teams than us. Hope I’m proved totally wrong.
Glad somebody agrees. I went for 20th but truthfully I fear the worst. Not sure Rowberry really gets this league, absolutely delighted if he proves me wrong.

At the risk of spoiling what I'll say on the next 1912 Exiles pod, hopefully being recorded next weekend...

I think we have a good manager and we've recruited well over the summer. But we were spoilt last year by having our most effective strikeforce in years and a trio of exciting dynamic midfielders behind them, all of whom have now departed. It's no slight on anyone that we are unlikely to have been able to replace that sort of quality. We also shouldn't forget that even with all those players, we still ultimately only managed an eleventh-place finish.

In light of that, I'm saying we'll be 14th or thereabouts. I do have higher hopes of a cup run than last year, and I think we'll continue to make ourselves entertaining (but not always predictable) to watch.

I believe in what JR and what his coaching team are trying to achieve and development of prospects is the way forward if we can turn a profit on them.

We might take a while to gel we might not but I hope we stick with JR because if we click I believe we'll be unplayable.

5th for me but don't rule out top 3.

You make some good points Kairdiff Exile - we were strong in the midfield and up front last season, therefore it will take time to get back to that standard this season. Begs the question though - how did we let the season fizzle out so disappointingly last year if we were so good?

I worry about the experience of our management team - not everyone can strike lucky by appointing young coaches who have barely played the game or been in a prominent coaching role, in the way that FGR and MK Dons did last year. This season will be a big test for JR and his staff, as well as for the club.

There are many stronger and better-financed teams in this division this season so perhaps anything better than a bottom six position would be a reasonable outcome, but as fans we expect more and for us to improve year on year.

For me, I’d like us to give the Pizza Trophy a good go and reach Wembley. Plus invest in the club infrastructure with our own training ground plus at least think about whether owning our own ground could be achieved.

As many have mentioned, we were entertaining and free scoring for most of last season, due to players not with us this season, but were just above relegation standard defensively. Therefore unless we improve markedly defensively believe we will struggle to make the top half of the table.
Predicting 18th.

It`s going to be a tuff season, there are plenty of clubs that should finish above us this season, the lack of a goal poacher will hurt us big this season, early odds for promotion are as good as 6/1, there are also bookies out there willing to give 25/1 for relegation. the best odds I could find for loosing a 6 home game on the bounce was 3/1, I guess that`s due to our first home game being against MF and his Walsall side.
Cup run`s are now a thing of the past, as proved last season.
For that reason my early prediction is mid table only at best.