Re: Friendly V Weston.

neilcork68 wrote: July 15th, 2022, 9:15 pm
Ugo. wrote: July 15th, 2022, 8:17 pm
neilcork68 wrote: July 15th, 2022, 8:07 pm
G Guest wrote: July 15th, 2022, 7:43 pm I agree about the goalkeeper. It caused me some alarm to see Townsend playing in this game. I believe that he showed again against Cardiff that he is our best keeper.

JR said it was a mix of the players in each game..
Perhaps he wanted his better keeper behind a weaker defence tonight and Day behind his first choice centre halfs tomorrow ????

Looking at all the outfield players playing tomorrow then that looks more like what will be the first 11.

I think Waite will make the starting 11 instead of Zinzala or Evans

Bennett as the defensive minded midfielder Bowen ,Waite and Wildig behind a target man of Bogle
Depends if we sign the premier number 10 on loan we are after

Big Al wrote: July 15th, 2022, 9:18 pm I thought JR said the first team would play against Forest Green, so he could still chop and change the team. I don't see this team as a B team.
You look at the players playing tomorrow. You're telling me that the majority of them won't be starting against Sutton?

Norman, Demetriou, Drysdale, Clarke, Bennett, Bowen, Wildig, Bogle.

lowandhard wrote: July 15th, 2022, 10:18 pm If JR can’t see Townsend’s superiority then I think less of him as a coach and even less of him as a manager. It’s painfully obvious.
I’m afraid to say that Rowberry’s judgement has been suspect for some while, Day as first choice goalkeeper would be just one of many other examples.
The way last season ended I think should give us serious concern about his managerial prowess, simply put I don’t think that he is a winning leader, and worryingly is currently showing no signs that he ever will be.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: July 16th, 2022, 7:00 am
lowandhard wrote: July 15th, 2022, 10:18 pm If JR can’t see Townsend’s superiority then I think less of him as a coach and even less of him as a manager. It’s painfully obvious.
I’m afraid to say that Rowberry’s judgement has been suspect for some while, Day as first choice goalkeeper would be just one of many other examples.
The way last season ended I think should give us serious concern about his managerial prowess, simply put I don’t think that he is a winning leader, and worryingly is currently showing no signs that he ever will be.

How is he 'currently showing no signs that he ever will be a winning leader'?

Townsend and Day are as good/bad as each other. Day has his faults, so does Townsend but neither keeper is 'superior' to the other. They're both bog standard league 2 keepers.

We don’t know how well each keeper does in training, their attitudes to improve, what they’re like in the dressing-room, if they’re carrying a slight knock or muscle ache etc.

My view is, over more than a season, on the pitch Townsend has shown himself to be a better all-round GK than both Day and King.