Re: Friendly V Weston.

Exile 1976 wrote: July 16th, 2022, 9:27 am
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: July 16th, 2022, 7:00 am
lowandhard wrote: July 15th, 2022, 10:18 pm If JR can’t see Townsend’s superiority then I think less of him as a coach and even less of him as a manager. It’s painfully obvious.
I’m afraid to say that Rowberry’s judgement has been suspect for some while, Day as first choice goalkeeper would be just one of many other examples.
The way last season ended I think should give us serious concern about his managerial prowess, simply put I don’t think that he is a winning leader, and worryingly is currently showing no signs that he ever will be.

How is he 'currently showing no signs that he ever will be a winning leader'?
He is in a results based business, and the end of last season performance would have seen many managers shown the door. If he was to continue that momentum into the coming season then we are in serious trouble, however I sincerely hope my pessimism is unfounded and that the ‘collective’ will actually be chasing league honours.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: July 16th, 2022, 10:00 am
lowandhard wrote: July 15th, 2022, 10:18 pm If JR can’t see Townsend’s superiority then I think less of him as a coach and even less of him as a manager. It’s painfully obvious.
I’m afraid to say that Rowberry’s judgement has been suspect for some while, Day as first choice goalkeeper would be just one of many other examples.
The way last season ended I think should give us serious concern about his managerial prowess, simply put I don’t think that he is a winning leader, and worryingly is currently showing no signs that he ever will be.

He is in a results based business, and the end of last season performance would have seen many managers shown the door. If he was to continue that momentum into the coming season then we are in serious trouble, however I sincerely hope my pessimism is unfounded and that the ‘collective’ will actually be chasing league honours.

You said he was showing no signs that he ever will be, but last season has gone. Not like we’ve had an awful pre season so far. Surely time to say that he’s showing no signs that he ever will be good would be how we get on at the start of this coming season?
That said, I’m not sure about him but we’ll see what happens after he has a full pre season and players he’s brought in.

No chance. We've had far worse runs under previous managers, including seasons under Flynn, and have ended up in the play-offs. I remember calls for Flynn's head mid-season during a poor run and we ended up going to Wembley at the end of the year.

He took over when we were 13th and we finished 11th. Yes, we fell away from the promotion places in the end - but it's hardly been a disaster. He's now had a pre-season and a transfer window to build his own squad and his style of play - now the pressure is on him to show what he can do.

DT1892 wrote: July 16th, 2022, 1:12 pm

No chance. We've had far worse runs under previous managers, including seasons under Flynn, and have ended up in the play-offs. I remember calls for Flynn's head mid-season during a poor run and we ended up going to Wembley at the end of the year.

He took over when we were 13th and we finished 11th. Yes, we fell away from the promotion places in the end - but it's hardly been a disaster. He's now had a pre-season and a transfer window to build his own squad and his style of play - now the pressure is on him to show what he can do.
Flynn would have taken us down last year there would have been no 25 goals from Telford and a band of has beens and never beens shipped in during the Jan window!

Irrelevant of what he did for the club before when MF had a disastrous run of form and results I got dogs abuse for suggesting he was sacked saying he should almost be above sacking for what he did for the club.
Yes last seasons results were poor for JR and failing to make the play offs disappointing but give the guy a chance with his own staff , players and coaching . If by November we struggle then call for his head by all means if he has failed but in pre season ?????

County ranger wrote: July 16th, 2022, 1:58 pm
DT1892 wrote: July 16th, 2022, 1:12 pm

Flynn would have taken us down last year there would have been no 25 goals from Telford and a band of has beens and never beens shipped in during the Jan window!
I don't get your point?