Re: Foodbank help

jonescmj1 wrote: September 1st, 2022, 2:23 am The fact that this is necessary makes me very sad indeed.
Never heard of food banks until the bloody Tories got into power, it’s the only growth industry now! Energy banks are now starting, that is places where people can go to keep warm this winter! Wish I was young again because it’s time for some direct action.

lowandhard wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 8:15 pm
jonescmj1 wrote: September 1st, 2022, 2:23 am The fact that this is necessary makes me very sad indeed.
Never heard of food banks until the bloody Tories got into power, it’s the only growth industry now! Energy banks are now starting, that is places where people can go to keep warm this winter! Wish I was young again because it’s time for some direct action.

Trussell Trust seems to have set up food banks between 2000-2004 and I doubt they were the first.

Torquay Exile wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 11:04 pm

Trussell Trust seems to have set up food banks between 2000-2004 and I doubt they were the first.
The point is the need for food banks in this country was non-existent on any sort of scale until recently with the onset of austerity policies. Whoever heard of food bank news until this plague of Tory governments. I think the Trussel trust was originally set up for food shortages abroad and not in this country.

Do you remember the 1970s slogan? "Keep warm this winter, make trouble!"

North London Exile wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 12:48 pm
Do you remember the 1970s slogan? "Keep warm this winter, make trouble!"
No mate by the seventies I’d left the smoke to move back to Wales but there were some meaty demos back in the day and I do remember a copper’s helmet in an impromptu fire on the terrace in the Shed at Stamford Bridge ( Osgood is good ). The MacMillan Tory government were saints in comparison to this bunch of criminal incompetents. Mac had his working class constituents interests at heart, this lot couldn’t care less for anything but themselves and amassing more loot for their cronies. They’ve hounded all the decent Tories like Soubry, Grieve and Clarke out of the party.