Re: Jamie Rowberry raises promotion hopes

lowandhard wrote: July 27th, 2022, 7:03 pm Be amazed if anything else was said but talk is cheap. Let’s end the home run of losses first, worst home run that I can remember as a supporter. Any stattos about?
Haven’t checked but would guess 1970.I remember a injury time equaliser against Workington gave us our first point I think and,it was a good way into the season.Mind you,we were crap then,it seems incredible that a team in the promotion place could lose five on the bounce.I normally sponsor a few players kits at a cost of £600 but,I won’t this season as a protest at the pathetic end to the season.

I don't blame you. Supporters spent £100 to watch those defeats, and Rowberry didn't seem the least bit bothered about it. He certainly didn't apologise to those supporters who wasted their hard earned. It has obviously now resulted in you not sponsoring players kits. I think Rowberry needs a lesson in public relations. I'm still annoyed about it now.

Just had a look on Wiki.We managed to lose the first Seven home games before that last gasp draw against Workington.Burridge played in goals for them,then another three home defeats before a 2-2 draw against Southport.My memory recalls us going two up with Harry Harris nodding in from a corner by Mike Darrell,on loan from Pompey and Birmingham.In between all this we got slaughtered 6-1 at non league Barnet.Imagine If this mb was around then,what would the comments have been like,then again,were the fans just happy that we had a team and accepted it all,however bad it got.I was 10 years old then,what did you older guys think of it all then,some of you were just into your twenties then.

Big Al wrote: July 27th, 2022, 10:19 pm I don't blame you. Supporters spent £100 to watch those defeats, and Rowberry didn't seem the least bit bothered about it. He certainly didn't apologise to those supporters who wasted their hard earned. It has obviously now resulted in you not sponsoring players kits. I think Rowberry needs a lesson in public relations. I'm still annoyed about it now.
Yes,me too,he was actually smiling in his post match interview against Rochdale.Four defeats against mid table sides with nothing to play for.You never know what to expect supporting this football club but that takes the biscuit,and the pi..

Percy plunkett wrote: July 27th, 2022, 10:36 pm Just had a look on Wiki.We managed to lose the first Seven home games before that last gasp draw against Workington.Burridge played in goals for them,then another three home defeats before a 2-2 draw against Southport.My memory recalls us going two up with Harry Harris nodding in from a corner by Mike Darrell,on loan from Pompey and Birmingham.In between all this we got slaughtered 6-1 at non league Barnet.Imagine If this mb was around then,what would the comments have been like,then again,were the fans just happy that we had a team and accepted it all,however bad it got.I was 10 years old then,what did you older guys think of it all then,some of you were just into your twenties then.
Thank goodness I was away at University and playing football for them at the time. From mid to late sixties life was an alcoholic haze so not that I remember but it must have taken the edge off the County results. Besides by that time I must have been inoculated against bottom of the league stuff and the County.

There is not much point dwelling on the last five home games losing streak. Not only was it in the past, it was last season. However, for some County fans it adds to a sense of uncertainty for the forthcoming season. I just pray that JR has done his homework, time will tell.

Every team wants to get a good start to the season but, because of the uncertainty, this season we really do need to be up and running at the first whistle. Roll on Saturday, let’s get going.

Percy plunkett wrote: July 27th, 2022, 10:36 pm Just had a look on Wiki.We managed to lose the first Seven home games before that last gasp draw against Workington.Burridge played in goals for them,then another three home defeats before a 2-2 draw against Southport.My memory recalls us going two up with Harry Harris nodding in from a corner by Mike Darrell,on loan from Pompey and Birmingham.In between all this we got slaughtered 6-1 at non league Barnet.Imagine If this mb was around then,what would the comments have been like,then again,were the fans just happy that we had a team and accepted it all,however bad it got.I was 10 years old then,what did you older guys think of it all then,some of you were just into your twenties then.
52 Years ago! so the grey matter is well fuzzy now but wasn't that the season that our first home win was 2-1 against the eventual champions Notts County ?

llanwern exile wrote: July 28th, 2022, 11:27 am
52 Years ago! so the grey matter is well fuzzy now but wasn't that the season that our first home win was 2-1 against the eventual champions Notts County ?
3-0 v Southend on a January Friday. If my memory serves we did beat Notts County 2-1 my recall being a Tuesday in March.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: July 28th, 2022, 1:32 pm
llanwern exile wrote: July 28th, 2022, 11:27 am
3-0 v Southend on a January Friday. If my memory serves we did beat Notts County 2-1 my recall being a Tuesday in March.
Cheers Bren!! like i said it was a long time ago plus i'm 70 now so things tend to get mixed up :grin: