Reading this board.

Tomorrow a new season begins. Reading the threads on this board you'd be hard pressed to know that.

Is the total lack of enthusiasm for the new campaign based on being uninterested because of a July start, a certain trepidation as to what the new season holds, some other reason, or a combination of the above?

As ever I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Re: Reading this board.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: July 29th, 2022, 5:19 pm Tomorrow a new season begins. Reading the threads on this board you'd be hard pressed to know that.

Is the total lack of enthusiasm for the new campaign based on being uninterested because of a July start, a certain trepidation as to what the new season holds, some other reason, or a combination of the above?

For me it's a combination of the early start and a feeling of foreboding about the coming season. Last Saturday I was more interested in following the live stream of Glamorgan's win against Leicestershire than the County's friendly at FGR.

Of course a couple of early wins will change all that.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: July 29th, 2022, 5:19 pm Tomorrow a new season begins. Reading the threads on this board you'd be hard pressed to know that.

Not sure of the main point here. Brendan. If you look below on this mb, (no need to go to the bottom of the page), on a quick check I just found 8 threads that discuss the forthcoming season. Yes, this mb has less info (and people) than has been reported before but the info’ is still still there.

I have to be honest. Five home defeats on the spin has really deflated me. I’m left with no confidence in JR. Wildig & probably Bogle are good signings. As for the rest I have no idea. The early start hasn’t helped. Normally I can’t wait for the season to start. This time it’s very much meh! Nothing a few wins on the bounce won’t put right, but can Rowberry manage even that? Hopefully I’ll be proved totally wrong at the end of the season.

G Guest wrote: July 30th, 2022, 7:28 am There are two reasons in my case. One is uncertainty about JR's ability following the dreadful collapse at the end of last season. And the second is that it is too early for football. I'm on the IoW waiting for Cowes week.
Agree partly with that. I’m in Dublin for the weekend. Yesterday checked in a few bars if they would have Sky Sports today- they both said no, the GAA will be on. In one bar(in Temple Bar) I couldn’t even get internet connection. Fingers crossed for later. Cmon the County.

I would never draw too many conclusions about what's happening at NCAFC in the real world from what's happening on the forum. Regular posters number what, about 1 per cent of the core home support?

I approve of the low-key preseason where we recruited early and didn't get suckered into trialling loads of players, but that does mean there has been less "linked with" speculation for us blowhards to discuss. Plus a more modern approach to friendlies where they are no longer a major spectator thing.

I wonder if - the country having been reduced to a state where it's seriously suggested people will need to huddle in "warmbanks" rather than freeze at home - the bubble of subscribing to satellite TV sports channels will burst like Netflix seems to be doing and the whole thing calms down a bit.

Agree that things are different in a Country wide scense. However home gates were good during the poor home form, and someone has posted that we have sold over 2000 season tickets. From a core support perspective then little impact, it remains to be seen if that is also true for walk ups.