Re: Where has all the seating gone.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 7th, 2022, 12:58 pm The health and safety brigade. What a pain. A few years back at the old Bristol Rovers ground thousands of people were denied a fun night out on bonfire night. Some idiot involved in health and safety had the entire evening stopped because he felt that if it was a foggy night the smoke might mix with the fog and drift half a mile to the motorway and cause an accident. Can you believe it?

Well don't because the bonfire party went ahead. The smoke did mix with the mist and caused zero visibility on the motorway. Five people were killed in the resultant pile up.
Bristol Rovers left their old stadium in 1986. IKEA has been there for probably 25 years. The tragic incident you are referring to happened in Taunton, at the rugby ground.

excessbee wrote: August 7th, 2022, 1:31 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 7th, 2022, 12:58 pm The health and safety brigade. What a pain. A few years back at the old Bristol Rovers ground thousands of people were denied a fun night out on bonfire night. Some idiot involved in health and safety had the entire evening stopped because he felt that if it was a foggy night the smoke might mix with the fog and drift half a mile to the motorway and cause an accident. Can you believe it?

Well don't because the bonfire party went ahead. The smoke did mix with the mist and caused zero visibility on the motorway. Five people were killed in the resultant pile up.
Bristol Rovers left their old stadium in 1986. IKEA has been there for probably 25 years. The tragic incident you are referring to happened in Taunton, at the rugby ground.
Thank you, I am always happy to be corrected when my ever failing memory lets me down. The point remains, does it not?

UPTHEPORT wrote: August 7th, 2022, 1:06 pm
Fu Ming wrote: August 7th, 2022, 12:38 pm Agree I have stood on the sloppy terrace for years leaning against the black metal sheeting.
I have never seen anyone have an accident, its not even that crowded, and no pushing and shoving.
I did have a chat to one of the stewards who informed me that it is an EFL rule that there should be no sloped areas, but it is OK for rugby whose authorities have either yet to catch on or are not bothered about it.
There's also been yellow lines put there past few seasons saying do not enter but unfortunately people choose to ignore
The yellow lines are down in the corner near the refreshment van, not along the black fence towards the toilets.

Further to my post above I just checked the details. It was worse than I thought 7 dead and 53 injured.

The thing about health and safety is every life saved simply isn't heard about. Seat belts in cars, high viz jackets, etc, save lives, but walking away from a car crash with bruising doesn't make the news in the same way as being catapulted out of a car and the body disintegrating as it slams into a brick wall.