Re: Where has all the seating gone.

Good to see an explanation posted by the club albeit a little late after our discussions but in fairness well before the first home game.
Looks like I might have to find somewhere else to stand, if as stated the slopped area on the Compeed Terrace is to be covered.
I do enjoy standing by the black metal sheeting. (If this is the closure part that is being referred to).

Fu Ming wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 4:23 pm Good to see an explanation posted by the club albeit a little late after our discussions but in fairness well before the first home game.
Looks like I might have to find somewhere else to stand, if as stated the slopped area on the Compeed Terrace is to be covered.
I do enjoy standing by the black metal sheeting. (If this is the closure part that is being referred to).
That terrace area I'm surprised health and safety hadn't shut it before the steps there are an accident waiting to happen especially when celebration's happen 🫣

Credit to the club for the information being published.

Now I say this not as a criticism, quite the opposite, but given full information we are in a better position to analyse the best way to progress our club.
We now know that bar sales contributed £25,000 to County coffers last season, which is not an inconsiderable sum. In the decade we have been at Rodney Parade that equates to quarter of a million pounds. Had we been equal partners at Rodney Parade that would have been half a million pounds. And from bar sales alone.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 4:47 pm Credit to the club for the information being published.

Now I say this not as a criticism, quite the opposite, but given full information we are in a better position to analyse the best way to progress our club.
We now know that bar sales contributed £25,000 to County coffers last season, which is not an inconsiderable sum. In the decade we have been at Rodney Parade that equates to quarter of a million pounds. Had we been equal partners at Rodney Parade that would have been half a million pounds. And from bar sales alone.

It has to be in relation to expenditure and other forms of income. IMO the income from hospitality would now dwarf anything we did previously.
The main consideration is of cource the expenditure involved in part owning Rodney Parade, which would make half a mill look like a piss in the ocean.

UPTHEPORT wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 4:32 pm
Fu Ming wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 4:23 pm Good to see an explanation posted by the club albeit a little late after our discussions but in fairness well before the first home game.
That terrace area I'm surprised health and safety hadn't shut it before the steps there are an accident waiting to happen especially when celebration's happen 🫣
Tend to agree with you there UPTHEPORT.
The steps on the terraces under the Compeed stand leave a lot to be desired as well.
Perhaps it did't matter too much in the last series of home games as were not celebrating that much LOL :( :(

About the slightly slopped area being shut bloody pathetic health an safety gone mad stood there for 20 years being a a dual fan not 1 serious incident sign of the times man up oops can't say that either f***ing unreal wat this whole country turning into if u do actually slightly hurt yourself in a rare occurrence either go for a beer an u won't feel it or put Ur feet up I'm sure ul be fine next day like I say PATHETIC

Mrp wrote: August 5th, 2022, 10:32 pm About the slightly slopped area being shut bloody pathetic health an safety gone mad stood there for 20 years being a a dual fan not 1 serious incident sign of the times man up oops can't say that either f***ing unreal wat this whole country turning into if u do actually slightly hurt yourself in a rare occurrence either go for a beer an u won't feel it or put Ur feet up I'm sure ul be fine next day like I say PATHETIC
Totally agree. This sort of nonsense invariably means that games in icy or snowy conditions are postponed not because the pitch is unplayable but because of icy streets around the stadium! Get some bloody salt and grit out and get on with it! Whatever happened to football in the snow using an orange football? We’re turning into a country full of snowflakes as soon as a few real ones turn up on the weather forecast.

Not great that, having opened the terrace behind the goal on the proviso that it's being monitored and people need to behave, a plastic bottle was lobbed from that section towards the away dugout. I suspect it's reopening will be short-lived.

Curious that the smaller bank of uncovered away seats weren't opened even though there was likely sufficient demand for them. I wonder if those have been condemned too? Wouldn't be surprising given they're the same age as the ones we've just had to replace.

Agree I have stood on the sloppy terrace for years leaning against the black metal sheeting.
I have never seen anyone have an accident, its not even that crowded, and no pushing and shoving.
I did have a chat to one of the stewards who informed me that it is an EFL rule that there should be no sloped areas, but it is OK for rugby whose authorities have either yet to catch on or are not bothered about it.

The health and safety brigade. What a pain. A few years back at the old Bristol Rovers ground thousands of people were denied a fun night out on bonfire night. Some idiot involved in health and safety had the entire evening stopped because he felt that if it was a foggy night the smoke might mix with the fog and drift half a mile to the motorway and cause an accident. Can you believe it?

Well don't because the bonfire party went ahead. The smoke did mix with the mist and caused zero visibility on the motorway. Five people were killed in the resultant pile up.

Fu Ming wrote: August 7th, 2022, 12:38 pm Agree I have stood on the sloppy terrace for years leaning against the black metal sheeting.
I have never seen anyone have an accident, its not even that crowded, and no pushing and shoving.
I did have a chat to one of the stewards who informed me that it is an EFL rule that there should be no sloped areas, but it is OK for rugby whose authorities have either yet to catch on or are not bothered about it.
There's also been yellow lines put there past few seasons saying do not enter but unfortunately people choose to ignore