Re: Grandstand. County v Walsall

Had a 0-0 written all over it. We didn’t deserve to lose but equally didn’t deserve 3 points. Sloppy by Dolan to give away the corner they scored from. Zanzala and Bogle looked good together but we need to be taking more shots on goal to give us any chance of scoring. Walsall played the ref a treat fairplay. Onwards and upwards.

Very disappointing performance IMO.
Our forward ball and crossing were mostly poor. Although Bogle & Zanzala showed some promise on the few occasions they had possession of the ball at their feet they were inevitably cynically brought down before they could get within shooting range. We are looking on today's performance a bottom half rather than a top half team.
Having said that, I don't believe on the overall balance of play we deserved to lose. Yet the reality is we did because of a momentary lack of concentration in defence.

I certainly agree about Walsall being a cheating bunch, were we like that when Flynny was in charge? The usual anti Welsh bias from the ref. How Daniels their centre back was not sent off is beyond me. Drysdale gets booked for a nothing tackle, Daniels did three bad tackles and a hand ball in the area and gets nothing. I don't like the anti English chanting though, we have quite a few Englishmen in our side. All in all I think we might struggle this season, but it's early days yet, the players did put a shift in and the crowd was great. We can only get better, I hope!

I agree with playing Evans at wing back back is wrong. Evans looks a very good player going forward, and could be extremely dangerous as a winger/striker. As a defender he is much too inexperienced but will Rowberry listen?, Doubtful. I also agree about getting a wing back on loan from Liverpool, and not playing him is baffling. I am not convinced by Rowberry at all, championship tactics in league two, Walsall proved it doesn't work. Prove me wrong and I'll hold my hands up. I won't hold my breath.

Big Al wrote: August 6th, 2022, 7:28 pm I agree with playing Evans at wing back back is wrong. Evans looks a very good player going forward, and could be extremely dangerous as a winger/striker. As a defender he is much too inexperienced but will Rowberry listen?, Doubtful. I also agree about getting a wing back on loan from Liverpool, and not playing him is baffling. I am not convinced by Rowberry at all, championship tactics in league two, Walsall proved it doesn't work. Prove me wrong and I'll hold my hands up. I won't hold my breath.
Totally agree, sign a striker, play him wing back and bench a Premiership left-sided player - so that’s why I’m not a manager! - and whatever you do, don’t shoot! Baldrick had more cunning plans than that 😂

Will evans played well but needs to be further up the pitch hes shackled being l back wildig and bowen almost non existent in midfield early days yet but need to see more dominant in midfield like the look of bogle and zanzala up front but need to shoot on sighta bit more demetriou took reaponsibility for the shots later in game time wasting from walsall when 1 nil up and one man down but we let them get into that position dolan and bennet too slow squad fill ins not first team starters 6 home games on the trot we havelostfortress rodneya thing of the past we need to getthat midfield playerin rowberry is on about asap we lack a spark at mo