Re: Grandstand. County v Walsall

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: August 6th, 2022, 8:07 pm Just listened to Rowberry’s post match interview, and it only serves to increase my growing anxiety that he is completely out of his depth. He is in serious need of an experienced mentor, failing which then another job.
We dominated that game but still didn’t win, merely carrying on from last seasons shocking run of home performances.
Where was the post match interview? radio? What did he say, same old?

lowandhard wrote: August 6th, 2022, 8:37 pm
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: August 6th, 2022, 8:07 pm Just listened to Rowberry’s post match interview, and it only serves to increase my growing anxiety that he is completely out of his depth. He is in serious need of an experienced mentor, failing which then another job.
We dominated that game but still didn’t win, merely carrying on from last seasons shocking run of home performances.
Where was the post match interview? radio? What did he say, same old?
It’s on YouTube
Also Flynn is saying that our fans were abusive about his Wife, and to quote ’ made the victory sweeter’!

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: August 6th, 2022, 8:40 pm Also Flynn is saying that our fans were abusive about his Wife, and to quote ’ made the victory sweeter’!
What the fk is wrong with some people?
He gave his heart & soul to this club when we were starring oblivion in the face, put millions into the club accounts and dickheads seem to think he is the anti Christ because he is no longer manager. All managers go eventually, sacked, resign or move onto bigger things.

County-at-the-races wrote: August 6th, 2022, 9:47 pm
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: August 6th, 2022, 8:40 pm Also Flynn is saying that our fans were abusive about his Wife, and to quote ’ made the victory sweeter’!
What the fk is wrong with some people?
He gave his heart & soul to this club when we were starring oblivion in the face, put millions into the club accounts and dickheads seem to think he is the anti Christ because he is no longer manager. All managers go eventually, sacked, resign or move onto bigger things.
yep spot on total kents

I’ve no reason to disbelieve what Flynn has said about insults directed at his wife or question his motives. It’s a shame these things happen but there is that small element in football that is unrepresentative of the vast majority. It takes me back to when Justin Edinburgh, the man who took us back into the League, was portrayed as a Judas for moving on to an opportunity higher up the footballing ladder. It’s just tribal nonsense.

I’ll always be grateful for what JED and MF achieved for our club.

Torquay Exile wrote: August 7th, 2022, 2:30 am

Well, Mike Flynn said that he would not be reporting Newport County to the F.A. But don't you think he has done a fantastic job of mentioning it on social media and telling everyone that would listen to him?

So what are his real motives for doing so?
My theory is that Flynn still loves the County enough to introduce a couple of issues that help deflect from our poor run of form at Rodney Parade.

Another loss at home same as the end of last season.
The only person prepared to shoot at goal is Micky D.
What's the matter with these guys and JR, what's the phobia about shooting.
Things happen when you shoot, rebounds hand balls etc.
If you don't shoot you don't score.
Wildig and Bowen non existent.
Dolan scuff kick leads to the corner, which leads to the goal.
And don't get me going about our poor corner kicks, a total and utter waste of time.
No variation in the corners kicks just aimlessly floated in and easily dealt with by the defense.
Last season JR said he had a whole array of set piece routines, well I haven't seen any variation, whatever happened to those short stubby corners we put to good effect.
No one stands deep at the far end of the 18 yard box to pick up over kicked crosses or to drag a player away.
Not sure when our first win will come Luton and Bradford away look like 2 losses. Then Salford at home more woe.

Fu Ming wrote: August 7th, 2022, 8:43 am Another loss at home same as the end of last season.
The only person prepared to shoot at goal is Micky D.
What's the matter with these guys and JR, what's the phobia about shooting.
Things happen when you shoot, rebounds hand balls etc.
If you don't shoot you don't score.
Wildig and Bowen non existent.
Dolan scuff kick leads to the corner, which leads to the goal.
And don't get me going about our poor corner kicks, a total and utter waste of time.
No variation in the corners kicks just aimlessly floated in and easily dealt with by the defense.
Last season JR said he had a whole array of set piece routines, well I haven't seen any variation, whatever happened to those short stubby corners we put to good effect.
No one stands deep at the far end of the 18 yard box to pick up over kicked crosses or to drag a player away.
Not sure when our first win will come Luton and Bradford away look like 2 losses. Then Salford at home more woe.
[I/quote]
I agree 100% about the set pieces. We lost any variations when Hats left. I'm really not sure about Rowberry's new no2 as whether he is the right man.