Flynny Abuse

Find it hard that no-one has commented on this shocking behaviour by some fans. Of course it could be hidden in other posts, but I thought important enough to have its own thread! Who are these dull morons giving us a bad name again! After all he did for us & a Newport boy to boot! Very sad people out there.

Re: Flynny Abuse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62451020

Newport County released a statement saying that they are investigating the matter.

"Newport County AFC is aware of post-match comments from former manager Michael Flynn about the alleged treatment he received from a small minority of County fans during today's fixture," they said.

"The club will be conducting an internal investigation alongside Rodney Parade and will act accordingly based upon the conclusion of the investigation."

I don't quite understand, was his wife with him in the dugout or with all the other wives oppersite in the Bisley, where in the hell do you find stones in side Rodney Parade, I was sat in block B directly behind the dugout and only heard the usual w**nker song all the managers get
Last edited by daftasfxxx on August 8th, 2022, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taffweigan wrote: August 8th, 2022, 8:36 am Two videos I've done based on Saturdsys game. One of which gives an outlook on this

Firstly, nice wallpaper! secondly totally agree with your analysis on Flynn abuse - I've always banged the drum about how the press in particular jump on any alleged indiscretions of football fans (see moral panic about the 'racism' that wasn’t after Euro’s etc.) and are like a pack of slavering dogs around the cliched 'Newpaaaart' fans *some* of whom lets be honest do enjoy cheekily cultivating the ‘reputation’ as Welsh invaders at away games.

My view is the abuser(s) should be dealt with in a meaningful but measured way (this is not a lifetime ban/hanging offence) BUT let’s not forget its in Flynn’s interest to exaggerate or inflate what happened - he is right to be miffed at what happened and in fairness to him he may not have been able to filter out individual voices to him it was the 'crowd' abusing him/his family – I’m a mild mannered beta male but if someone started abusing my family at my place of work I’d be fuming and that’s a line which in my view you simply do not cross and am baffled as to what possesses people [usually the demon drink/chemical substances]. All that said far far worse happens in towns big and small up and down the country at weekends that goes unreported.

Nice to get an eyewitness account of someone who saw the actions of the two ‘individuals’. Total overreaction on their part. Absolutely no idea how it would work but perhaps it is time to do random drug testing of fans entering areas of grounds where this sort of abuse occurs.

I'd just like to reply to Taff. Get all that, good you could give us some insight. Seems that it's a case of "if the hat fits, then wear it" re County Fans reputation, however I don't think that's the case, we don't need to be defensive about our reputation, I don't think it's any better or worse than most clubs apart from Swindon who are a horrible bunch. Also it may be 2 "individuals" but that's 2 too many. Zero tolerance. The other thing I would say about someone else's comments is that there is a difference between reporting the club to the authorities & talking to a newspaper. There seems to be another episode of the " he left us, he's fair game for criticism" going on here, like Justin's "Judas" comments.

Bonson&Hunt wrote: August 8th, 2022, 10:17 am I'd just like to reply to Taff. Get all that, good you could give us some insight. Seems that it's a case of "if the hat fits, then wear it" re County Fans reputation, however I don't think that's the case, we don't need to be defensive about our reputation, I don't think it's any better or worse than most clubs apart from Swindon who are a horrible bunch. Also it may be 2 "individuals" but that's 2 too many. Zero tolerance. The other thing I would say about someone else's comments is that there is a difference between reporting the club to the authorities & talking to a newspaper. There seems to be another episode of the " he left us, he's fair game for criticism" going on here, like Justin's "Judas" comments.
Good post dear chap. Agree with all of that.
Find it sad that some take the opportunity to criticise Flynn for publically commenting on some attendees antisocial and apparently criminal behaviour.