Re: Exiles Grandstand: EFL Cup Luton Away

Jonesy3 wrote: August 10th, 2022, 9:53 am
lowandhard wrote: August 9th, 2022, 9:51 pm Cup money, we love it! 😂
45% share of the gate receipts (after staging costs). I wouldn't get too excited.
There's no prize money in the League Cup until the semi-finals.
Think that any money, no matter how small would be a welcome bonus compared with being knocked out in the 1st round.
Appears that the 13 Premier league clubs not involved in Europe are included in the next round, although still split into northern and southern sections.
Last edited by OLDCROMWELLIAN on August 10th, 2022, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: August 10th, 2022, 10:13 am
45% share of the gate receipts (after staging costs). I wouldn't get too excited.
Think that any money, no matter how small would be a welcome bonus compared with being knocked out in the 1st round.
Looking at what teams are left in the southern section, however, doesn't suggest there are many potential good pay days to be had. Norwich appears to be the 'biggest' club left?
Don't disagree at all. Just pointing out the League Cup isn't the moneyspinner some seem to think it is - unless you get 45% of a full house at a PL club. I doubt we made anything from last night.

Looking at what teams are left in the southern section, however, doesn't suggest there are many potential good pay days to be had. Norwich appears to be the 'biggest' club left?
I think the following are also available and can be drawn against a southern or northern team(?)): Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Brentford, Brighton, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Everton, Fulham, Leeds, Leicester, Newcastle, Nottingham Forest, Southampton, Watford, Wolves

IMB wrote: August 10th, 2022, 10:25 am
I think the following are also available and can be drawn against a southern or northern team(?)): Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Brentford, Brighton, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Everton, Fulham, Leeds, Leicester, Newcastle, Nottingham Forest, Southampton, Watford, Wolves
Yes. Have just realised that. Await the draw with more interest now.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: August 10th, 2022, 10:22 am
Chepstow'sFine wrote: August 10th, 2022, 10:17 am Obviously a generous PL club in the next round would be good in terms of adding to our coffers but I'd love Morecambe at RP for a cold slice of revenge pie!
Believe 2nd round is still split between northern and Southern sections.
Ah right, sorry, forgot about that. Hmmmm, Villa away for a nice pay day?