Newport County has banned a fan from attending matches at Rodney Parade pending a police investigation.

Walsall manager Michael Flynn, the ex-Newport boss, said he had had stones thrown at him during last Saturday's match at Rodney Parade

Newport County ban fan for 'missile-throwing' after Michael Flynn incident

Newport County has banned a fan from attending matches at Rodney Parade pending a police investigation into a "missile-throwing" incident.

Walsall manager Michael Flynn, the ex-Newport boss, said he had had stones thrown at him during his new side's 1-0 win at Rodney Parade on Saturday.

Flynn also said he was "disgusted" by the verbal abuse of him and his wife.
Last edited by Torquay Exile on August 10th, 2022, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Newport County has banned a fan from attending matches at Rodney Parade pending a police investigation

Im glad the culprit will no longer be able to bring the club into disrepute. It seems we always hit the headlines for such behaviour. I’ve personally witnessed such behaviour at other grounds ( not by our fans of course ) and even seen missiles landing on the pitch on televised games but never see such a fuss being made of what we all agree is an illegal and stupid act.

Re: Newport County has banned a fan from attending matches at Rodney Parade pending a police investigation.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: August 10th, 2022, 10:47 pm The title isn’t quite correct is it? The club has identified “a male” and banned him at least until the police enquiries are concluded.

No mention of “a fan” and I think that’s a deliberate and accurate choice of words by the club.
The title may be incorrect but it's probably the longest title ever on the message board.

Re: Newport County has banned a fan from attending matches at Rodney Parade pending a police investigation.

Hope they are dealt with fairly and proportionally - but if the weight of evidence is there then they should be banned if not for life then a long time - I don't agree with football fans being tarred with the 'hooligan' brush but [and again IF] this person - not 'fan' - has done what is alleged then they are indeed a 'hooligan' who worse still brings shame on us fans.

CathedralCounty wrote: August 11th, 2022, 9:17 am Hope they are dealt with fairly and proportionally - but if the weight of evidence is there then they should be banned if not for life then a long time - I don't agree with football fans being tarred with the 'hooligan' brush but [and again IF] this person - not 'fan' - has done what is alleged then they are indeed a 'hooligan' who worse still brings shame on us fans.
Call me old fashioned but you don't go round chucking bottles I was always told to put them in a bin when finished

UPTHEPORT wrote: August 11th, 2022, 9:36 am
CathedralCounty wrote: August 11th, 2022, 9:17 am Hope they are dealt with fairly and proportionally - but if the weight of evidence is there then they should be banned if not for life then a long time - I don't agree with football fans being tarred with the 'hooligan' brush but [and again IF] this person - not 'fan' - has done what is alleged then they are indeed a 'hooligan' who worse still brings shame on us fans.
Call me old fashioned but you don't go round chucking bottles I was always told to put them in a bin when finished
Agreed my wife tells me off for picking up other peoples litter!

CathedralCounty wrote: August 12th, 2022, 9:47 am
UPTHEPORT wrote: August 11th, 2022, 9:36 am
Agreed my wife tells me off for picking up other peoples litter!
Michael Flynn said it was a stone. But the person under investigation is said to have thrown a bottle. So what was it a stone or a bottle?

Torquay Exile wrote: August 12th, 2022, 8:53 pm

Michael Flynn said it was a stone. But the person under investigation is said to have thrown a bottle. So what was it a stone or a bottle?
The cctv shows a bottle we are told. An eye witness on here says he saw a bottle being thrown. From which we can certainty deduce a bottle was thrown.

It may be that Michael Flynn was mistaken about a stone being thrown. Or it may be that both were thrown. That is why there needs to be a thorough investigation. If all that was thrown was an empty plastic bottle, then while serious, it is not in the same league as if a glass bottle or stone were thrown.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 13th, 2022, 9:13 am

The cctv shows a bottle we are told. An eye witness on here says he saw a bottle being thrown. From which we can certainty deduce a bottle was thrown.

It may be that Michael Flynn was mistaken about a stone being thrown. Or it may be that both were thrown. That is why there needs to be a thorough investigation. If all that was thrown was an empty plastic bottle, then while serious, it is not in the same league as if a glass bottle or stone were thrown.
which is the most dangerous a Stone, a Glass Bottle,e or a Plastic Bottle?

Torquay Exile wrote: August 13th, 2022, 5:55 pm

I don't know.

Which is the most dangerous, a cobra, a krait or a grass snake? :roll:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 13th, 2022, 6:13 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: August 13th, 2022, 5:55 pm

I don't know.

Which is the most dangerous, a cobra, a krait or a grass snake? :roll:
I thought you were a barrister. And that you like a good argument?

UPTHEPORT wrote: August 13th, 2022, 6:19 pm Can't comment on what competition man/ copy paste man said because I've got him on ignore

But call me old fashioned if you go to a football match and throw any object your a complete *******
I agree entirely Jim.

However I do think throwing an empty plastic bottle is a lesser offence than throwing a glass bottle or a stone.