Million dollar Harps

The man with many names and the knack of causing a few arguments on here resulting in him getting banned.Well,I’ve just noticed that his ex players post has clocked up over ONE MILLION views.Has that ever happened before,I doubt it so love or loathe him,he is still on this mb in some form and,will go on being here for some time,maybe forever,well done Paul.
Last edited by Percy plunkett on August 15th, 2022, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Million dollar Harps

Good Evening

Indeed “Harps” has a place in message board folklore. I always enjoyed reading his posts, always passionate if sometimes misguided. It was quite fun being the detective and spotting the new pseudonym before anyone else, with his very identifiable writing style. Who knows, if he has adopted a different style he may still be amongst us!

Phil in Northampton

Let's be honest. Whether you agree with Paul or not generally or on individual posts, banning him from this board was a gutless act and makes the moderators of this board look utterly ridiculous. We should be challenging people and their views. On occasions robustly. But I never read anything Paul wrote which was offensive.

Here's something to consider. You can post on here and be critical of Harps. He can't though reply.

Also we do need to think about double standards. Exile 76 nails it. GSB has called me a stalker and a creep and notwithstanding never having met me and not being a doctor has opined that I am mentally ill. Banginternet where do we begin? I could go on. Just to be clear I don't want either banned. But Paul was treated in a way which is utterly hypocritical.

excessbee wrote: August 16th, 2022, 8:50 am I'm not sure of the circumstances, but was he banned for offensive posts? Or was it for duplicate identities.

From what I remember he sent offensive messages via the PM on here plus duplicate identities to beat bans

He also brought my job up numerous times accused me of being rude to his daughter while I was taking her for scans etc I take offense at that because I have a very good reputation in my job and I'm never rude to patients

UPTHEPORT wrote: August 16th, 2022, 9:18 am
excessbee wrote: August 16th, 2022, 8:50 am I'm not sure of the circumstances, but was he banned for offensive posts? Or was it for duplicate identities.

From what I remember he sent offensive messages via the PM on here plus duplicate identities to beat bans

He also brought my job up numerous times accused me of being rude to his daughter while I was taking her for scans etc I take offense at that because I have a very good reputation in my job and I'm never rude to patients
Jim,

Read the thread on the lease. One poster said I had to leave my profession because I was a scrounger but was so bad at my job I couldn't get work. In fact I then married someone in Ireland to scrounge off her. Another poster said I was making my money by facilitating sham marriages. Another post had it that people in the legal profession were all laughing at me.
Be up front and call people out when they are being unfair. It's what I do.

As for multiple personalities. Well he was far from alone in that. And with the new registration system that can't now happen.

I find a lot of people on this board have views I don't like, some I find offensive. But for me, other than hate speech, censorship is wrong.

Hi Jim, as others have stated, many on here have made offensive posts. That said, there is no defence for alleging you were rude to his daughter. That shouldn’t have been mentioned by him. Nothing to do with football at all. However, I enjoyed his posts and like the guy.

The sad thing is, he was banned for using other log in identities, we and others both know of people on here who use duplicate log on names. It is crazy.

Back to the thread topic, over one million posts is superb. Nice one.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 16th, 2022, 9:55 am

Jim,

Read the thread on the lease. One poster said I had to leave my profession because I was a scrounger but was so bad at my job I couldn't get work. In fact I then married someone in Ireland to scrounge off her. Another poster said I was making my money by facilitating sham marriages. Another post had it that people in the legal profession were all laughing at me.
Be up front and call people out when they are being unfair. It's what I do.

As for multiple personalities. Well he was far from alone in that. And with the new registration system that can't now happen.

I find a lot of people on this board have views I don't like, some I find offensive. But for me, other than hate speech, censorship is wrong.
I didn't say any of that, YOU did Fact. I commented on what you said.

Like I keep telling you, don't post personal stuff if you don't want people commenting on it.

Don't use your dead family members as a shield, its appalling but sadly typical of you.

Do post your opinion, and then back up why you hold that opinion, so that others can see how you arrived at that opinion.

I am fed up to the back teeth of you making statements without backing them up. Making a statement such as "I have been saying for decades that unless the club invests in infrastructure they are fecked."

Anyone can make statements, it's a total piece of piss. It's a lot harder to back those statements up when they are patiently untrue, as those decades prove.

lowandhard wrote: August 16th, 2022, 1:23 pm Well I’m going to speak on his behalf. Not that he needs me to defend him as he’s no longer here but I felt he was persecuted for holding unpopular views. I believe he was more sinned against than sinning. A loss of a point of view diminishes this forum for all of us.
100% agree mate. He never said anything that was racist, sexist or espoused violence. They are quite rightly banning offences. He thinks he was banned for his unpopular opinions. I thought it was because he had a duplicate user name (as others do).