Re: Exiles Grandstand Swindon home

G Guest wrote: February 4th, 2023, 4:30 pm O'Neill couldn't get into the game. But he stuck to the task of menacing the Swindon goal and helped set up the first goal by laying off the pass for the cross. Looks as though he will need a bit of time to gain confidence at this level.

Charsley looks a good player. And, given that he is Coughlan's only permanent signing so far, it helps give me confidence that the manager knows what he's about when it comes to signings.

Whereas O'Neill probably failed to live up to most people's expectations, for me, Kavanagh exceeded them. He looked cocky and confident and hungry for a gaol.

Good to see Townsend again. He had a couple of fluttery moments though.
Thing is with Townsend is he looks part of the team not just the guy who stands on his line between the posts. He was almost on the halfway line at one point ready to sweep and is always ready to snuff out a through ball. I’m always more confident when he’s selected and I’m guessing the defenders are too. When I played I hated keepers who never “ came “ whether it was for crosses or for speculative through balls, imho he’s like having an extra defender.

County Exile wrote: February 5th, 2023, 9:49 am Pretty poor show from Bogle yesterday to storm off to the dressing room immediately following the final whistle, whilst the rest of the squad were acknowledging the crowd.
That’s the third time he has done that now,he isn’t a team player,he has an inflated opinion of his ability.I would have transfer listed him after that spat when he got subbed that time.Wildig and Twamley are better options on the bench,leave him out and see if he asks for a move to the National to get game time.

Just watched the match replay on I-Follow (annoyingly with Swindon biased commentary) and maybe I was a little harsh saying Bogle "stormed off" as he did clap to the Hazell crowd as he walked off but did leave the pitch immediately, whilst the rest of the squad stayed to acknowledge the crowd. His whole demeanour and body language both during play and afterwards do him no favours at all. When he had the chance right at the end if he had done the same as Aaron Lewis for the 2nd goal Kavanagh would have had another simple tap in!
Fair play to the Swindon fans for respecting the David Hando tribute.

Amazed to see that Jonny Williams is only 29. He was absolutely dead on his feet after playing sixty minutes. Well actually after about fifty. I believe some on this forum wondered if we might make a cheeky enquiry about him when Swindon were in a mess eighteen months ago, but he was on a two year contract. Would be a definite no when his contract ends in July. One for Wrexham perhaps.