Re: Exiles Grandstand Swindon home

neilcork68 wrote: February 6th, 2023, 2:14 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: February 6th, 2023, 2:10 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: February 6th, 2023, 1:56 pm Put it this way most county fans I know are not interested in peanut hugging can't we ask them to change KO times for a change
The reality being of course that County fans are a tiny number compared to the number of rugby six nations attendees and TV watchers, and are therefore understandably completely irrelevant to the broadcasters that set the KO times for such matches.

Nothing to do with the Rugby....It was the POLICE that changed the kick off time due to previous years 'TROUBLE'
Of course that true, but the point being made is even if they didn't the KO time would have clashed with the rugby anyway; and the idea of rugby six nations KO times being changed to accommodate the County is pure fantasy.

Fu Ming wrote: February 6th, 2023, 2:31 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: February 6th, 2023, 1:56 pm Put it this way most county fans I know are not interested in peanut hugging can't we ask them to change KO times for a change
Get over your ante rugby mindset.
There are plenty of supporters at The County who like both codes.
There were more people in the Newport pubs wearing red rugby tops than amber County tops.
The rugby was also on the TV screen in Bar Amber, no one in there was complaining or asking to switch over to football.
Sky football was also on a TV in bar Amber.

As for changing rugby kick off times, get real, The Welsh Rugby Internationals go out to a much bigger audience that the few of us who go down to RP so they are not going to change times for a small club like County.
No never will about the egg and I know egg fans who hate football

Get over it! Some people don't like other sports I also can't stand motor sports what's the point.

And the peanut hugging changing KO was a bit of irony but that's a bit to much for you to take in obviously 😂

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 6th, 2023, 2:46 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: February 6th, 2023, 12:33 pm It's strange that Swansea didn't worry or have to change KO Saturday
Swansea and County are home when Cardiff are away and vice versa.

The rugby is always televised so playing away for every six nations clash is not possible.
Wrong. Newport have been at home not infrequently when Cardiff were also at home. In any event we could always play either Friday night or Sunday.

I worry about you, I really do. 🤔

UPTHEPORT wrote: February 6th, 2023, 3:14 pm
Fu Ming wrote: February 6th, 2023, 2:31 pm
Get over your ante rugby mindset.
There are plenty of supporters at The County who like both codes.
There were more people in the Newport pubs wearing red rugby tops than amber County tops.
The rugby was also on the TV screen in Bar Amber, no one in there was complaining or asking to switch over to football.
Sky football was also on a TV in bar Amber.

As for changing rugby kick off times, get real, The Welsh Rugby Internationals go out to a much bigger audience that the few of us who go down to RP so they are not going to change times for a small club like County.
No never will about the egg and I know egg fans who hate football

Get over it! Some people don't like other sports I also can't stand motor sports what's the point.

And the peanut hugging changing KO was a bit of irony but that's a bit to much for you to take in obviously 😂
Agree plenty of people don’t like other codes and other sports.
But like I said there were plenty of people enjoying both games.
International rugby is bigger than small old Newport County whether you like it or not.
I would choose to watch Newport County before Welsh Rugby

Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 6th, 2023, 1:26 pm
neilcork68 wrote: February 6th, 2023, 1:13 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 6th, 2023, 12:27 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: February 6th, 2023, 12:16 pm
Kairdiff Exile wrote: February 6th, 2023, 11:51 am
UPTHEPORT wrote: February 4th, 2023, 2:57 pm Anyone hear the attendance
confirmed as 4,757, with a suspiciously exact 1,000 from Sw*ndon...!

Wonder why it was so long with the attendance
That's why some people love me and others hate me. I say what I think. And I think that the decision to not sell tickets on the day probably cost a few walk ups. I also think that a lot of casual supporters chose to watch Ireland crush Wales for free, rather than fork out for travel and admittance to Rodney Parade.

In the old days County liaised with the then Football League to avoid clashing with the rugby internationals. There may be good reasons why Newport County were unable to do this or it might have been a ****-up by the club. I'm sure we won't be told.

Due to past seasons 'crowd trouble' I am sure it was 'Gwents finest' ( The Police) that made it a 12.45 kick off. and no tickets on the day sales...not the clubs

The club did post on their news feed on January 19th that the game had been brought forward to that time due to ' safety fears'
I suspect that's right. Further I think the police would have gone on to say that unless those conditions were met that they would charge Newport County a fortune for the extra police needed. Which would have left the club with little option. If that is the case my view is the club should say so.

Just my view, the police are our servants, or at least should be. Taxes paid pay the police to protect the 99.9% of us who behave properly to go about our lawful occasion without fear of the 0.01% of the population who want to stop us.

Watching football is not a crime.
Stan you say police charging a fortune for extra police.
I am sure but correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t sporting teams only pay for policing inside the ground, not how many them have in the town?

Fu Ming wrote: February 6th, 2023, 6:12 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 6th, 2023, 1:26 pm
neilcork68 wrote: February 6th, 2023, 1:13 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 6th, 2023, 12:27 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: February 6th, 2023, 12:16 pm
Kairdiff Exile wrote: February 6th, 2023, 11:51 am
UPTHEPORT wrote: February 4th, 2023, 2:57 pm Anyone hear the attendance
confirmed as 4,757, with a suspiciously exact 1,000 from Sw*ndon...!

Wonder why it was so long with the attendance
That's why some people love me and others hate me. I say what I think. And I think that the decision to not sell tickets on the day probably cost a few walk ups. I also think that a lot of casual supporters chose to watch Ireland crush Wales for free, rather than fork out for travel and admittance to Rodney Parade.

In the old days County liaised with the then Football League to avoid clashing with the rugby internationals. There may be good reasons why Newport County were unable to do this or it might have been a ****-up by the club. I'm sure we won't be told.

Due to past seasons 'crowd trouble' I am sure it was 'Gwents finest' ( The Police) that made it a 12.45 kick off. and no tickets on the day sales...not the clubs

The club did post on their news feed on January 19th that the game had been brought forward to that time due to ' safety fears'
I suspect that's right. Further I think the police would have gone on to say that unless those conditions were met that they would charge Newport County a fortune for the extra police needed. Which would have left the club with little option. If that is the case my view is the club should say so.

Just my view, the police are our servants, or at least should be. Taxes paid pay the police to protect the 99.9% of us who behave properly to go about our lawful occasion without fear of the 0.01% of the population who want to stop us.

Watching football is not a crime.
Stan you say police charging a fortune for extra police.
I am sure but correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t sporting teams only pay for policing inside the ground, not how many them have in the town?
The answer to your question is I don't know for sure and will gladly be corrected if I'm wrong.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 6th, 2023, 5:22 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: February 6th, 2023, 12:33 pm It's strange that Swansea didn't worry or have to change KO Saturday

The rugby is always televised so playing away for every six nations clash is not possible.
Wrong. Newport have been at home not infrequently when Cardiff were also at home. In any event we could always play either Friday night or Sunday.

Well as we are talking about the six nations clashing with the football, out of 5 Wales fixtures County and Cardiff are home and away in 4.
Only fixture that is the same is 18th of March when both teams play away.
The six nations is also on a Sunday.

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 6th, 2023, 7:16 pm

Well as we are talking about the six nations clashing with the football, out of 5 Wales fixtures County and Cardiff are home and away in 4.
If Wales are playing on a Sunday, County could/should play on the Saturday. And vice versa. I doubt somehow that many people would have chosen not to attend a County match played yesterday on the basis that the Italy v France game was on the television.

I do worry about you. Have you ever thought of not making an eejit of yourself?

Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 6th, 2023, 7:29 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: February 6th, 2023, 7:16 pm

If Wales are playing on a Sunday, County could/should play on the Saturday. And vice versa. I doubt somehow that many people would have chosen not to attend a County match played yesterday on the basis that the Italy v France game was on the television.

I do worry about you. Have you ever thought of not making an eejit of yourself?
County have to agree with the FA and the opposition to change days/times. Simply because something suits the County, doesn't mean that it suits everyone else. Both Swindon and County are playing on Tuesday, so Sunday doesn't suit either. The Dragon's sometimes play on a Friday.

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 6th, 2023, 8:27 pm

County have to agree with the FA and the opposition to change days/times. Simply because something suits the County, doesn't mean that it suits everyone else. Both Swindon and County are playing on Tuesday, so Sunday doesn't suit either. The Dragon's sometimes play on a Friday.
Neither Newport or Swindon are playing tomorrow. And the Dragons weren't playing Friday.

You just can't help yourself can you?

Percy plunkett wrote: February 6th, 2023, 8:08 pm The club used to change ko times because of the rugby then decided to play 3pm as early starts didn’t result in bigger crowds.This change was made by the police I feel.The surprise to me was 12.45 meaning that the games overlapped ,a midday ko would have seemed more logical and,providing less time for Swindon fans to drink.
Precisely, changing the times / days cause other problems, and don't actually result in bigger gates, so why bother?

Percy plunkett wrote: February 6th, 2023, 8:08 pm The club used to change ko times because of the rugby then decided to play 3pm as early starts didn’t result in bigger crowds.This change was made by the police I feel.The surprise to me was 12.45 meaning that the games overlapped ,a midday ko would have seemed more logical and,providing less time for Swindon fans to drink.
I suspect that the real reason for the early kick off was to restrict the amount of time Swindon supporters were in the centre of Newport drinking before the match. Nothing to do with the rugby unless officers were to be sent to Cardiff after our match.