Re: What has happened to us?

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 25th, 2023, 8:48 am Chairman has resigned and we are now down to 8 Directors, of which only 5 are elected. No Board meetings it would appear since January and we still wait for accounts as far back as June 2021 to be filed. Yet we are to believe that thanks to an aligorithm there are 75 Clubs worse than us in fan engagement!
People's circumstances do change, can you name 75 clubs that are better than us in fan engagement?

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 25th, 2023, 8:52 am
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 25th, 2023, 8:48 am Chairman has resigned and we are now down to 8 Directors, of which only 5 are elected. No Board meetings it would appear since January and we still wait for accounts as far back as June 2021 to be filed. Yet we are to believe that thanks to an aligorithm there are 75 Clubs worse than us in fan engagement!
People's circumstances do change, can you name 75 clubs that are better than us in fan engagement?
Probably could name 91 :grin:

You make a good point TIC. Things change. The fan engagement table was for 21/22.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 25th, 2023, 9:02 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 25th, 2023, 8:52 am
Probably could name 91 :grin:
The thing is that people are simply not putting themselves forward for election. Now is part of the disincentive, the fact that everything published by the club is immediately rubbished? Does that encourage or discourage people who are willing to offer their expertise, time and energy for free, just to be rubbished?

We have someone who stood on the basis of total transparency, deciding that it was not for him, and then engaging with disgruntled employee(s), trying to get me and others to send his unproven allegations in an email to the club. When unsuccessful, he then posted a heavily redacted email on here. What does that say to prospective applicants about how likely it is that they will simply just be be attacked for trying their best.

County Exile wrote: March 25th, 2023, 10:00 am Taunton Iron Cider wrote:-
we still wait for accounts as far back as June 2021 to be filed
The accounts to June 2021 were filed a year ago and on time. The latest accounts due are to June 2022 and the latest due filing date hasn't been reached yet - got another 6 days to go.
Not due until the end of June according to Companies House.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 25th, 2023, 9:53 am
The thing is that people are simply not putting themselves forward for election. Now is part of the disincentive, the fact that everything published by the club is immediately rubbished? Does that encourage or discourage people who are willing to offer their expertise, time and energy for free, just to be rubbished?
I don't think a handful of numpties on an unofficial message board would put off people who are capable of doing the job.

People will express their views, it comes with the territory.

The accounts to June 2021 were filed a year ago and on time. The latest accounts due are to June 2022 and the latest due filing date hasn't been reached yet - got another 6 days to go.
I'll stand corrected if anyone knows for certain that I'm wrong,but believe the last
date for filing accounts to June 2022 is 30th June 2023.
The accounts to June 2021 were indeed filed on 31st March 2022, three months before the latest filing date.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 25th, 2023, 6:58 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 25th, 2023, 6:34 am
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 25th, 2023, 6:16 am
markvickery wrote: March 25th, 2023, 12:49 am 🗞️ The Club has placed 17th out of 92 in the latest Fan Engagement Index!

The Index is judged on dialogue, governance and transparency.
So we must be doing something ✅️
I really don’t know how they amassed the data for this survey, as who amongst us mushrooms would seriously give high scores on dialogue and transparency?
https://fanengagement.net/fan-engagemen ... algorithm/
Thanks for that, and looking at that criteria and scoring it shows what a complete load of cobblers that survey is. Algorithms are, by definition, impersonal and based on gross data and generalised assumptions.
Algorithms are used everywhere in life & are very powerful. Of course it always depends on the criteria deemed to be relevant to the question you wish to answer. This example looks pretty detailed & relevant, don't you think?

Jonesy3 wrote:-
Not due until the end of June according to Companies House.
Ah yes I'd forgotten the previous 9 month deadline had been altered to 12 months some time ago. The point I was trying to make was that the "we still wait for accounts as far back as June 2021 to be filed" comment gave a misleading impression.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 25th, 2023, 10:46 am
I'll stand corrected if anyone knows for certain that I'm wrong,but believe the last
date for filing accounts to June 2022 is 30th June 2023.
The accounts to June 2021 were indeed filed on 31st March 2022, three months before the latest filing date.
I believe the annual audit of the accounts (21/22) has commenced. This is necessary before they can be submitted to CH.

Amberexile wrote: March 25th, 2023, 10:45 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 25th, 2023, 9:53 am
I don't think a handful of numpties on an unofficial message board would put off people who are capable of doing the job.

People will express their views, it comes with the territory.
Maybe, maybe not, the point is all the accusations that just unravell over time, does it actually achieve anything?
If it puts some people off, and is not achieving it's objective, surely it's a just an obstacle, a pointless hindrance?

Exile 1976 wrote: March 25th, 2023, 11:55 am If anyone genuinely believes that the communication and fan engagement from our Board is good, then they are crackers
It should probably be mentioned that by becoming a trust member, for as little as £5 per month, you will receive a weekly (emailed) newsletter). You may already be in this category, but some certainly aren't yet will still complain about the lack of communication.