What has happened to us?

Firstly I wanted to say what a lovely service for David yesterday, some great memories shared, some stories we didn’t know, and all delivered by some great speakers who spoke from the heart. Truly fitting for the great man.

Reflecting on the above thanksgiving service for David yesterday and seeing so many people (ex players; ex directors; ex chairman; ex backroom staff, and even ex volunteers) got me thinking how many of them made time in their daily schedule to honour and thank Mr Newport County AFC and yet in these modern times and the clubs seemly progression the current board were depleted in numbers - no Chairman; and several directors and indeed staff missing. Talking to a range of people in the groups above after the service, several times I heard the club has lost its identity, is this the price we pay for success and did it have to be this way could the club we loved and fought for have its values instilled in a success model? Of course it could but sadly those in charge didn’t want this, they didn’t want the history, they didn’t understand the values and they didn’t appreciate all that went into achieving our dreams, and this was evident yesterday. Such a shame and those involved should hang their heads in shame, we need our identity as a club back!

Re: What has happened to us?

County fans are always downbeat

Here's my take the clubs fan base is growing steadily the club is becoming more professional and rightly so

I say thanks to all our volunteers over the years

Obviously the results this season are a concern but the past few years IMO have been the best as a long time fan I can remember great cup run's few trips to Wembley what's not to like

Your loyalty is never in doubt UTP...Your passion for all things NEWPORT is to be admired.
To quote the last lines of your post " what's not to like? "
Here's one for us all...A few weeks ago after the passing of Mr Hando I contacted the Trust via their site suggesting my idea of a memorial. I cannot believe they've been so inundated with ideas that they haven't had the courtesy to reply..which I find totally unacceptable.
I stand corrected if my post was deemed not worthy of a reply.

mad norm wrote: February 9th, 2023, 10:59 am Your loyalty is never in doubt UTP...Your passion for all things NEWPORT is to be admired.
Here's one for us all...A few weeks ago after the passing of Mr Hando I contacted the Trust via their site suggesting my idea of a memorial. I cannot believe they've been so inundated with ideas that they haven't had the courtesy to reply..which I find totally unacceptable.
Afternoon Norman

Are you a member of the trust and second question do you have a copy of what you sent because I'd contact Will who's a poster on here who's on the trust board because there may be a problem with the website perhaps I'd check these first before criticising people online

I had an issue recently with my direct debit, needing to downgrade my annual subscription from Gold (£240 per year) to Bronze (£60 per year) and emailed the Trust. I received a prompt response from the Treasurer, giving their name and address, as has always been the case. I didn't ask about the accounts, but I have little doubt that they would have been as cooperative as possible if I had. They certainly would have made the directors aware of any misgivings from a Trust member.

mad norm wrote: February 9th, 2023, 10:59 am Your loyalty is never in doubt UTP...Your passion for all things NEWPORT is to be admired.
Just had a quick look at the trust website it clearly says anything club related you should contact the club direct

It's quite clear

UPTHEPORT wrote: February 9th, 2023, 11:33 am
Afternoon Norman

Are you a member of the trust and second question do you have a copy of what you sent because I'd contact Will who's a poster on here who's on the trust board because there may be a problem with the website perhaps I'd check these first before criticising people online

Jim,

I posted a question on here once. I doubt it was of fundamental importance as I can't even remember what the question was. A number of people on this board berated me saying I should write to the club as no doubt I would get a reply. Unlike Norm I did get a reply. 'Dear Halligan, We'll tell you when we tell everyone else'. That was it.

A small group run our club as a fiefdom. I think a better mantra would be 'Your Trust but our club'. Hand over your money but don't ask how it is spent.

As for communication. It is believed that we receive board minutes. Total nonsense. Now you can make an argument that sensitive information should be redacted. But just to take the topic of our future at Rodney Parade. I can understand if the minutes merely say 'A discussion took place re the position of the club's future at Rodney Parade. Negotiations are ongoing with the WRU and are friendly and constructive. We should be in a position to make an announcement by ........'

Three possibilities. Firstly the board are talking about it but are not telling us. Secondly the board are so incompetent that they are not talking about. Thirdly an inner sanctum are talking about it and the Trust Board are as in the dark as everyone else.

Whichever, it's not to like.

North London Exile wrote: February 9th, 2023, 11:44 am I had an issue recently with my direct debit, needing to downgrade my annual subscription from Gold (£240 per year) to Bronze (£60 per year) and emailed the Trust. I received a prompt response from the Treasurer, giving their name and address, as has always been the case. I didn't ask about the accounts, but I have little doubt that they would have been as cooperative as possible if I had. They certainly would have made the directors aware of any misgivings from a Trust member.
No criticism of the Trust or the Trust board per se. But they are fund raisers and seem, to me at least, to have no power as to how our club are run.

UPTHEPORT wrote: February 9th, 2023, 12:10 pm Afternoon Bren

You seem to get funny about your name I'm Jim but if someone addressed me as Drewett I wouldn't be offended as that is my name
Drewett,

I couldn't care less what people call me. But other than as a joke I would never address someone by their surname alone unless I was trying to be rude. If someone wrote to me with a request, if I were refusing that request I would thank them for their letter, unless I was trying to be rude.

In terms Jim, they were trying to be rude.

So thank you for for your input, but on this occasion I regret that I am unable to agree with your position.

Sincerely yours,

Stan aka Nob/Poison/Liar/Creep. (All things I've been called on here). :grin:

" If you have any queries suggestions questions or proposals for the Trust please use the form below"
Which I did.
"I stand corrected etc" as I clearly stated on my post

I make a very modest Direct Debit to the club once a year

I am not a member of the Trust any more
I have my reasons which I may get off my chest in time
I am an avid supporter of Newport County.

SO ........Who does RUN this club?

And I'm not going to rush off to my local R.C.church say half a dozen hail Mary's because I'm deemed to have criticised the Trust