Bony signs

Rumours going around that he has signed

For Bolivian club Always Ready....

Probably be back with us in July for pre season training waiting for his next club in February 2024 as he is too good fo sign for Newport County

That's the 9th country he has played in now .

Re: Bony signs

I wonder what his going rate is. Shame we don't have enough funds to make it work and also a shame he'd rather play for BingoBongoFC than see the romanticism of playing for us. He's in the twilight of his career, surely the challenge of a proper league would appeal. SURELY@?@@?@!?!?

I suspect he is being very highly paid on a per game basis, and after a few matches will be seen as dubious value leading to an early return to the UK.

Bony is a football mercenary, where each of these short term forays to obscure destinations probably generates many £ thousands for him. Aged 34 I suspect that particular financial well is already almost dry, the question is, how long are County prepared to go on being used?

Just read this clip in a Wales Online article.

Bony signing twist
Wilfried Bony is only able to feature for new club Always Ready in the Copa Libertadores.
The former Swansea striker secured a shock switch to the Bolivian outfit this week having been a free agent since being released by NEC Nijmegen last year.
But the club have already utilised their full quota of foreign players in league competition, meaning Bony can only feature in the cup for his new side.
Discussing his move with local media in Bolivia, Bony said: "I come to bring experience, I will try to help the team and give my best in the Copa Libertadores.
"There are possibilities to stay longer, but the most important thing is to focus on the Libertadores and the game with Magallanes."