Re: Exiles Grandstand: Newport v Stevenage

We got caught out early in the second half when they made 4 subs at HT. (Don’t think I’ve seen any side make that many at HT).
It took us a while to adjust.
But fair play we stuck to it and got a decent draw from the 2nd in the league.
Bogie had his best game for us and really got stuck in, I hope he can keep playing like that.
7 points out of 9 in the last 3 games, can’t moan too much about that.

Agree a well deserved point against a very efficient top 2 team. Thought subs were introduced at the right time when we looked to be running out of steam and heading for defeat.
Not sure if Stevenage's forward line were very adept at finding space or we were slack with our marking, especially for their opening goal. Probably a bit of both.
Bogles improved performance and goals were a positive, although he was limping heavily at the end. Well done to GC for having the courage to start him and give him the full 90+ mins, despite the boo boys wanting him out of the club.
Baker looked composed when he came on. Hopefully he will get some more game time.

Fair play to Bogle,he did well,some neat play near corner flag twice in first half besides his goals.He had to score the pen after he took it off Zanzalla,be interesting to hear what GC thought of that.No idea what formation we were playing with all the subs,amazed that NMW didn’t get on.The guy on the tannoy is useless,he didn’t announce Zanzalla for Kavanagh or the fact that Baker came on for Benno and,apparently,Wildig replaced James Waite.Other than that he was perfect.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: February 14th, 2023, 11:02 pm Agree a well deserved point against a very efficient top 2 team. Thought subs were introduced at the right time when we looked to be running out of steam and heading for defeat.
Not sure if Stevenage's forward line were very adept at finding space or we were slack with our marking, especially for their opening goal. Probably a bit of both.
Bogles improved performance and goals were a positive, although he was limping heavily at the end. Well done to GC for having the courage to start him and give him the full 90+ mins, despite the boo boys wanting him out of the club.
Baker looked composed when he came on. Hopefully he will get some more game time.
As one of the so called "boo-boys" I think if he'd been producing performances akin to tonight then people wouldn't have got on his back. He was one of Rowberry's big signings and frankly hasn't produced too much up to now. I do realise strikers are more affected by poor runs as they seem to rely on confidence more than other positions. It's possibly always been a case of the ball hitting him and going in that could spark a better goal return. I think dropping him from the starting line up could have given him a kick up the arse.

Having said that he can't seem to control the ball, especially when trying to bring it down.

Let's see how he plays on Saturday. I hope he doesn't think tonight's performance is enough to see him start for the rest of the season. I got the feeling he thought he was "undroppable" earlier in the season...